About the Role
We are looking to strengthen the team with a Treasury Analyst to help meet the demands of WorldRemit’s continuing growth.
You will support the Treasury Cash and Liquidity team. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting the Assistant Finance Managers in overseeing all aspects of WorldRemit’s working capital planning, delivering against Treasury department goals and supporting the implementation of tools and systems for the department. The role will evolve as processes are redesigned.
You will develop a deep understanding of the transaction lifestyle and the characteristics of our network of pay-in and pay-out partners. You will ensure that our extensive network of correspondents (pay-out partners) are adequately funded to pay out to the senders’ remittance wherever it is sent within our network, while at the same time ensuring we do not over commit our working capital unnecessarily.
- Assist in funding of correspondents, maintenance of day to day operational relationships with correspondents and ensuring all parties agree over balances and funding requirements.
- Forecast the daily volumes required by our correspondents, investigating variances between actual and forecast cashflows, and driving continued improvements to the forecasting accuracy.
- Manage and reconcile all outstanding correspondent payments, track correspondents who failed due to insufficient funds.
- Collect balances from correspondents’ portals and verify accuracy of funding amount credited.
- Assist FinOps team in resolving funding discrepancies between Netsuite/Control Money and the correspondents’ statements.
- Assist in the onboarding pipeline and encourage liaison between Finance and BDs to ensure priorities are delivered on time.
- Understand and execute appropriate procedures and processes around month-end and year end activities.
- Support the delivery of financial analysis and management information.
- Assist in the maintenance of and adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Proactively assist Treasury management team with strategic Treasury projects (e.g. TMS, etc.).
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred, or extensive experience in a similar treasury function.
- Confident spreadsheet skills – SUMIF, Pivot tables, VLOOKUP.
- Experience working in an international business, working with multiple currencies.
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing environment, with an enjoyment of problemsolving and a strong analytical mindset.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities with minimum supervision.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal.