We’re changing the way people send money abroad: we’re taking something complicated and making it simple. At WorldRemit, our people and our technology work together to create faster, easier and lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 150 countries around the world and have 4 million happy customers – a number that’s growing every day!
We’re never standing still and constantly working on ways to serve our customer better. Pushing boundaries isn’t easy, but we’re hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you’re a research manager who’s itching for an exciting brand role working with inspiring, self-less audiences in a fast-growing, heavily disrupted industry to help us stay ahead of the curve, you could be just what we’re looking for.
As the Research Manager you will be instrumental in helping WorldRemit succeed by ensuring communications are grounded in actionable brand, audience and marketing insight and learnings are applied constantly and effectively. You will be the subject matter expert on brand health with deep understanding of brand performance metrics, using traditional research as well as digital data. Your remit will be global and business wide, to improve internal understanding of our brand, audiences and competitors.
As part of the Brand Strategy & Performance team within the WorldRemit Marketing function, you will support on end-to-end performance measurement and inform marketing strategy. You will use your research and analytical skills, curiosity and a suite of online tools to generate insights and learnings that will help us achieve business goals.
You will use innovative reporting tools and channels to engage global teams and executives with results. You will liaise closely with country managers around the world, and collaborate with the wider marketing, commercial and product functions. Your insights and recommendations will inform brand/marketing strategy, help identify competitor threats, and shape marketing opportunities and plans.
What you’ll be doing
- Brand Health Measurement
- Lead WorldRemit’s global brand health tracker: management of survey process on monthly and quarterly basis, review of survey and sampling approach, methodology refinement and testing, agency liaison
- Work with country managers to design annual country-specific deep dive surveys to uncover fresh insights about our markets and audiences
- Create and disseminate monthly and quarterly brand health updates to the global team and executive board.
- Market Research and Insight
- Manage and curate requests for ad hoc research, provide recommendations on methodology, audience and approach, lead end-to-end research process.
- Mine existing data in order provide fresh and relevant answers to business questions
- Support global teams with engaging insight to grow customer understanding across the business
- Performance Measurement
- Use variety of digital tools and methodologies to assess the performance of online and offline marketing activities
- Support on measurement approach and performance reporting
- Ensure we continue to learn with each campaign and learnings are applied accordingly
- Able to distil complex information into clear insights, trends and recommendations
- Comfortable with a variety of analytical tools and research
- Resourceful, analytical, thorough and strategic
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable working independently
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to deliver high quality outputs quickly and consistently
- Eager to learn, grow and gain new skills
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, in the UK and globally
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in market research and analysis
- Good understanding of brand and marketing strategy
- Solid experience in brand health and cross-channel marketing performance measurement
- At least basic capability in statistical data analysis and relevant software
- Solid knowledge of and experience with online analytics tools
- Strong skills in reporting and presentation, at all levels
- A strong academic background, ideally in a role related field e.g. marketing, research, economics
- Sector experience in financial services, technology or international services field is an advantage
- Foreign languages are an advantage
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code