Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
We are looking for a superstar lawyer to become a senior member of our team and who is excited about the opportunity of helping our business to the next level. The role will report to the General Counsel and will also supervise and manage other team members.
This role is for you if you:
- are experienced in giving regulatory advice that is commercially relevant, and enjoy doing it
- appreciate the opportunity to work autonomously but as part of a collegiate and supportive team
- are adaptable and flexible in line with business needs, with a genuine interest in professional growth
- like influencing business strategy and operations
- are happy expressing an opinion whilst advising senior executives
- relish getting stuck in on the day to day
The Legal team is highly regarded throughout WorldRemit; working together, let’s keep it that way.
- Horizon-scanning of legal and regulatory developments, conducting impact assessments and communicating change
- Regulatory advice, including for product launches, product development and geographic expansion
- Advising on regulatory strategy, including policy asks and enforcement
- Implementing regulatory change and supporting the delivery of strategic projects
- Educating and training internal stakeholders and other team members
- Building and managing relationships with external stakeholders, including regulators, governments and external counsel
- Overseeing ongoing regulatory compliance
- Contribution to team development, scaling, efficiency and improvement
Experience & attributes
- 6-9 years PQE (indicative only), preferably English qualified
- Demonstrated experience advising on financial services and payments laws and regulations, in an international context
- Strong technical skills, a quick mind and the ability to assess and understand the business impact of regulation, including on customers, operations and products
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can juggle priorities
- User friendly, and enjoys building good and lasting relationships
- Ability to successfully balance being a team player and working alone
- Ability to deal with large amounts of information efficiently and effectively
- Responsible, conscientious, proactive, motivated and a problem-solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to learn and share learnings
- Competitive salary, bonus and equity compensation
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions
- Private medical and dental care plans
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles
- No formal dress code
- Working with great people!