About the Role
As part of the BI Reporting team, you will be helping multiple areas of the business to obtain the data they need in our ongoing mission to take Worldremit to the next level, by exposing the right data to the right audiences and spearheading a data-driven culture.
Our aim is to create a platform that ensures the timely delivery of the right information across the organization, and continuously support the business with their various data needs, while working very closely with the Data team to forge a solid understanding of the data and infrastructure.
From the technologies perspective, our company utilizes the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) retrieving information from Amazon Redshift and MSSQL databases. We generate reports for internal & external stakeholders, which cover many critical areas of the business, such as financial reconciliation and supporting operational needs.
- Developing SQL queries primarily on Amazon Redshift and Microsoft SQL, from simple to significantly complex.
- Maintain, monitor and refine the reporting platform to ensure the timely delivery of reports. This involves finessing our report monitoring to ensure we are always aware of any potential issues as soon as possible.
- Support the business teams (Finance, CS, Compliance, Fraud) to automate the extraction of their key data points and help automate their processes. This will involve from simple migrations from one database to another (e.g. from MSSQL to Redshift), to more complex needs that will require forging a solid understanding of the data sources and business logic to assist the business with specific data needs.
- Work closely with the Data and Database teams to optimize queries and reports to minimize impact in the source database systems.
- Bring the reporting platform to the next level by improving the degree of standardization, traceability and documentation.
- Strong SQL skills (3+ years of experience) – Experience on Amazon Redshift (or similar languages such as PostgreSQL) and/or Microsoft SQL particularly valued.
- Working knowledge of query optimization very desirable.
- Experience working with a reporting platform (3+ years of experience), particularly SSRS, but experience with other platforms would be also valued.
- Solid technical foundations, ability to adopt new technologies and understand how the infrastructure works.
- Analytical mindset: capable of understanding the logic behind the problem, identify anomalies in the numbers and sense check results.
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code