About the Role
- This is a new role for a can-do proactive PR manager and strategic communicator who can build cross-functional relationships from business development, product to HR and customer service in order to identify compelling content to support the company narrative.
- You'll play a key role in building awareness by developing and implementing a communications strategy that creates visibility for WorldRemit as a leader in the digital money transfer business, with multiple goals;
- Communicating about WorldRemit’s service to the North American and Canadian diaspora community;
- Communicating WorldRemit’s growth and innovation story to domestic North American and Canadian media to help us grow our reputation as a trusted company with the business community and regulators
- Positioning WorldRemit as a successful and attractive employer to work for;
- Work with colleagues around the globe to target key ‘receive’ media in Africa, Asia and LATAM with WorldRemit’s money transfer proposition.
- Proactive public relations programs (e.g. campaigns, speaking opportunities and thought leadership opportunities) that deliver high impact earned, owned and paid moments that tell the company's story in the right way, to the right audience at the right moment.
- Project manage priority communications campaigns and events while identifying opportunities for amplification and cross-promotion across organic social media as well as other internal/external channels.
- Proactive pitching, reactive handling, thought leadership and active media monitoring across multiple markets, with a particular focus on diaspora media in the US/Canada, and emerging markets in key African and Asian countries as well as the LATAM.
- Devise and implement communications goals, strategies, tactical PR campaigns, stakeholder engagement programmes that increase awareness of our company, and build a positive reputation within the domestic market.
- Develop and manage communication programs that position WorldRemit to current and prospective employees
- Support the Managing Director, Americas and various team members with media interviews, briefing documents and selective speaking opportunities
- Manage PR agencies as required
Summary of required experience & attributes You are:
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English is favourable
- Communications savvy - you must have strong media relations skills, a deep network, solid copy-writing and editing skills
- Social media savvy- with experience of repackaging messaging across different platforms.
- Adept at translating complex commercial and technical ideas to the general public
- Familiar with culture and business in emerging markets, specifically Africa and Asia.
- Detail-oriented with an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once.
- Knowledgeable about key media tools and database for research and dissemination.
- Strong experience working in a PR role at a consumer-facing tech firm, and preferable in an agency where you've led accounts and been instrumental in the client's success.
- Strong media relationships with top tier business, technology, vertical, and general press as well as demonstrated ability to hustle to build new contacts.
- Budget and agency management experience
- Experience of securing coverage in key emerging markets – for example, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, and Philippines. • Superior presentation / advisory skills - clear, concise thinking and sufficient gravitas to deliver meaningful advice to senior leaders on communications strategy • Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done