Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money internationally. We’ve taken something complicated and made it as simple as sending a text. And we’re growing. Fast.
To do this, we need to hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions.
Who we’re searching for...
As a Fullstack Engineer, you'll be helping us build our Web Applications in our feature team. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries – and we’re expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience and a better codebase. This is real growth at pace.
We use a modern stack – React, Redux, Node.js, .NET core – and modern tools – CI, TDD, Agile – to get the job done.
Have you got what it takes?
- Writing great code. We understand code is read more than it’s written, better off tested and maintainability is a must.
- Helping shape what we build. You’ll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to design and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Owning delivery. We’re obsessed with shipping value; you’ll own work beyond just a pull request. You’ll care about bugs, scalability, uptime and other non-functional requirements.
- Growing together. You’ll review others' work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Works across the whole app. From REST calls and UI layouts, to build processes and test cases.
- Happy in the Clouds. Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS and Azure. You’ll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Well-principled. Especially in the craft of Software Engineering – you will understand deeply: modularity, testability, extensibility, scalability and other –ilities.
- Bias for action. You see a problem, you fix a problem. You get buy in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We’re always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset. A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced engineers. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
What’s in it for you…
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions
- Private medical and dental care plans
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
- Free breakfast and fruit every day
- No formal dress code
Oh and of course we’ll pay you every month, at a competitive rate.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
We want to talk to you if you can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers