About the role
Working in the company’s London office, reporting into the Head of Tax, an exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to take responsibility for the group’s tax compliance and gain exposure to tax advisory across all taxes and geographies (UK, North America, Africa and Asia).
This role will draw on existing finance and legal resources to optimize WorldRemit’s tax strategy and position across its many operating jurisdictions. Over time, it is expected that this will develop into a separate tax team within Finance and Legal.
The role will suit someone ambitious to start or develop a career in-house and provides excellent exposure to a broad range of international tax issues in an international financial service business. This opportunity is a sound basis from which to progress an in-house tax career in a multinational organisation.
- Prepare UK corporation tax returns, world-wide debt cap calculations, CFC analysis, R&D credit claims, PSA return and overview on employment taxes.
- Oversight of US Federal \ State tax returns with good knowledge of OneSource.
- Prepare and file UK VAT returns.
- Manage the preparation of overseas corporate income tax and VAT / GST etc. returns, looking to bring preparation in house as far as possible
- Take primary responsibility for interaction with tax authorities regarding queries on returns
- Calculation of tax provisions (OneSource) and preparation of tax disclosures for all statutory accounts
- Manage the group’s tax costs within targets
- Assisting the Head of Tax to develop and implement the group’s tax policy
- Working closely with front-office colleagues to ensure that the group’s tax profile is aligned with changing commercial realities.
- Working closely with Finance and Legal colleagues to ensure the group’s tax policies are properly implemented in terms of intercompany agreements, accounting entries and financial reporting.
- All other ad hoc tasks necessary to support the business. Manage the preparation of overseas corporate income tax and VAT / GST etc. returns, looking to bring preparation in house as far as possible
Required Skills and Attributes
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) or tax adviser (CTA)
- Proven, successful experience of dealing with tax authorities and corporation tax and VAT return preparation essential
- Experience in impact of tax strategy implementation on other areas of business desirable
- Exposure to taxes outside UK corporation tax and VAT useful but not essential
- Flexible, adaptable, inquisitive, and with a collaborative approach – someone who enjoys working in a changing high growth environment
- Organised and proven track record of meeting deadlines is a must
- Self-starter, pro-active and uses innovation and creative thinking whilst demonstrating the tenacity to negotiate and resolve difficult queries and issues
- Excellent communications skills, ability to interact well throughout all levels of an organisation
- Fintech experience not required
- Cultural Fit: WorldRemit is deeply proud of its goal to disrupt an incumbent industry, create commercial success and fulfil a broader social mission - The company is known for its low ego culture, and its high intellectual bar
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code