About the Role
Finance sits at the very heart of WorldRemit. In addition to the normal monthly functions of every finance team (such as managing the general ledgers for the group, month end close, reporting, payroll, cash management etc.) the team at WorldRemit is responsible for ensuring that the flow of funds from sender to receiver works in a timely, cost-efficient and effective manner.
We’re now looking for a Senior financial controller to join our team and head up the Financial Control function. Managing a team of four, the Senior financial controller is expected to work closely with the Group Financial Controller as WorldRemit expands its global footprint. New send countries require new legal entities, new bank accounts, an understanding of local tax requirements, setting up of ledgers, payrolls etc. and establishing processes. The Senior financial controller is a key participant in ensuring this is done professionally and once set up is handed on to the relevant teams.
- Take ownership of all financial accounting matters relating to the Group; ensure all business activities are recorded accurately, timely;
- Drive close of general ledger in accordance with month end cadence; identify synergies across the department to reduce the close cycle;
- Prepare monthly board pack and present to key finance stakeholders;
- Oversight of the year end audit and preparation of statutory accounts alongside the Group Reporting Manager;
- Deliver all local regulatory, compliance reporting; and prepare investor and lender reporting packs;
- Enhance existing systems, tools and processes, foster a culture of operational efficiency to create value for WorldRemit;
- Work with wider finance teams to streamline and standardise month-end processes; provide business insights to help deliver annual budget and 3-year plan;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate reporting and distribution of financial information across the business;
- Often deputise as the Group Financial Controller, acting as a key advisor to the CFO and a leader within the department; helping to prepare the business for an exit in the medium term;
- Seek to constantly improve and implement best practice within the team; and
- Manage at least three direct reports.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc) with at least 5 years PQE.
- Experience in optimising / accelerating / automating month-end close processes, including Balance Sheet governance;
- Hands-on approach to working; able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, start-up environment and be able to operate with ambiguity;
- Collaborative, proactive and able to work across teams in Finance to drive deliverables; and
- Knowledge of Netsuite or comparable ERP system (desirable).
- This person will have a commercial and creative mentality and produce innovative solutions
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- External Audit background desirable
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.