About the role
Can you create cut-through copy for web, apps and social? Are you fast, fond of puns and interested in FinTech? If you answered yes to all of the above, then please read on.
We're looking for a collaborative yet independent (yes, you are a multi-dimensional human) copywriter to work within our small Creative team at WorldRemit.
This is a varying role, which will bring our tone of voice to life through a variety of channels, including web, emails, adverts and mobile. The role will focus on producing a range of high impact copy to communicate the desired brand tone of voice, and will span across a range of customer and internal touchpoints.
- Be a champion for the brand tone of voice and contribute to consistency in application
- Work with marketing, product, HR, recruitment, office managers to ensure all material is in line with the tone of voice guidelines.
- Create social copy based off insights, work with our Customer Service team, and synthesise sometimes-complicated product ideas into simple copy
- Produce a range of original and high impact copy that would span across the whole brand
- Develop creative ideas and concepts in partnership with the Brand team
- Work to briefs from the Marketing Team to deliver clear, persuasive, original copy for integrated marketing campaigns, ranging from brand awareness and consideration to direct response and engagement for a mix of channels that would include emails, online banner ads, social media, billboards, brochures, website and app content, as well as material to support internal company requirements
- Work with the design team to ensure that the visual elements of the content complement the words
- Liaise with marketing managers, designers, video editors to deliver a consistent artwork for brand
- Proofread copy to check spelling and grammar
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies and printers as required
- • Ensure copy effectiveness
- Use SEO principles / other opportunities for customer testing and research to continually improve our copy standard
- Amend, revise or redevelop copy to evolve with insights and feedback
- Strong verbal and written communicator, capable of providing a compelling rationale for ideas and concepts
- Collaborative and comfortable receiving feedback from a range of stakeholders
- Creative thinker
- Understands different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Hard working, proactive and self-driven
- Ability to work individually as well as a part of a team
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Personal skills
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role 5 years + (please send examples of your work / your Portfolio)
- Knowledge of how copy should work across multiple media
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Bonus: Experience in working with challenger / tech brands / online businesses
- Bonus: Competent in Spanish or French copywriting
- Bonus: Leading agency background