We are looking for a Senior AML Analyst (AML Analyst level 3) to join the WorldRemit Compliance Team in Toronto. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analytical functions involved with the daily monitoring of the activities related to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) compliance programs. Assist management with ensuring compliance with regulations, company policies and procedures through review of high risk reports; monitoring and reviewing data determine if transactions are suspicious in nature; identifying potential higher risk relationships; completing investigative work leading to Suspicious Transaction Reports; Electronic Fund Reporting; partnering with personnel as it pertains to AML/CTF/sanctions issues; and remaining current on compliance matters as they relate to AML, Sanctions, KYC, CIP, and Due Diligence.
The main duties include:
- Investigate alerted accounts
- Prepare, review and submit Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs)
- Supervisory duties as assigned: Day to day AML operations / Provide AML guidance to remote analysts
- Attend to escalations of Sanction Screenings and matches.
- Assist with AML & Compliance committees and BOD preparation as assigned
- Assist with independent reviews and regulatory exams; including document gathering, sample selection and face to face interaction with regulators
- Communicate regularly with leadership to identify challenges and obstacles related to the team’s objectives.
- Prepare presentations for regulatory, banking or audit meetings
- Escalate any suspicious activity/concerns to the Compliance Officer.
- Assist with any other Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the Compliance Officer.
- Ability to support and / or lead efforts to achieve department compliance goals including risk assessments and audits both internal and external
- Conduct suspicious activity, EFTO and reputational risk investigations.
- Carry out any other tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Monitor initial and on-going Know Your Customers (KYC) requirements.
- Audit/Analysis of customer activities, by communicating with customers via email to meet the WR ongoing customer due diligence requirements and obligations.
- BA/BS degree
- 3-5 years experience in AML and CTF compliance
- Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to manage tight processes, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly disciplined person, self-motivated, and delivery focused.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation is an asset.
- Exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
A few important things to make a note of:
As a regulated company in financial services, WorldRemit requires reference and background checks including criminal and credit checks for all new hires. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please speak to your recruiter and they will be happy to discuss this with you.