Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money internationally. We’ve taken something complicated and made it as simple as sending a text. And we’re growing. Fast.
To do this, we need to hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions.
Who we’re searching for...
A newly created role has arisen within World Remit’s finance team as a VBA excel modeller to support the Group financial controller in handling the Finance’s team rapid growth and managing the complexity.
The Excel modeller will be involved in the continuous process improvement of World Remit’s finances, working closely with the different functions of the team such as Financial Control, Tax, Finance IT, Procurement, Account Payable, and building an effective and agile international finance team.
While you will be based in London, the role will require you to connect with colleagues in all our offices globally.
As a VBA Excel Modeller you'll:
- Proactively work with the Financial Controlling team to understand their processes, shortfalls in processes and to identify solutions and automation opportunities.
- Ensure where suitable, fit for purpose VBA code and Tableau queries to support financial processes and spreadsheet models, perform rigorous script debugging to ensure robustness of processes.
- Remodel and streamline the design of current accounting models, to support increased delivery times, providing more efficiency and usability for both preparation and review.
- Ensure suitable data validation controls are built into designs.
- Systematic approach to organisation and excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Ensuring transparency in projects and their status.
- Create process manuals where required to ensure continuity of processes is secured.
- Understanding of general accounting.
Have you got what it takes?
- Experience in optimising / accelerating / automating finance processes
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, be able to operate with ambiguity;
- Strong Modelling skills (Excel incl. VBA, Tableau, etc.)
- Collaborative, proactive and able to work across teams in Finance to drive deliverables; and
- Knowledge of NetSuite or comparable general ledger system.
- Understanding of API, data warehouse, SQL
- Part qualified in accounting
What’s in it for you…
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions
- Private medical and dental care plans
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
- No formal dress code
- Free breakfast and fruit every day
Oh and of course we’ll pay you every month, at a competitive rate.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
We want to talk to you if you can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers