Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money internationally. We’ve taken something complicated and made it as simple as sending a text. And we’re growing. Fast.
To do this, we need to hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions.
The WorldRemit Engineering team sits at the heart of the organisation and is critical to ensure continuing evolution of our software and facilitating design and execution of product features and capabilities – both to better serve our customers and to stay on the forefront of innovation. The Engineering Team at WorldRemit is (currently) a 110-strong organisation located in two main software development centers in London and Kraków, Poland.
The role will be based in Kraków, Poland and reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who is based in our London HQ office. Given the significant growth of the team over the last year, this is a newly created position aimed at focusing on the three areas: quality assurance management, people management of QA personnel and “Healthy Systems” backlog ownership for the global organisation.
Have you got what it takes?
- Hold ownership of strategic direction of Quality principles and practices.
- Build and improve test strategies, test frameworks, and test implementation across API, Web and Mobile platforms.
- Work closely with Architects, Product Owners and Engineering teams to maintain alignment and ensure appropriate test focus.
- Represent a strong vision for quality for the Product Owners and Engineering teams, driving practices that continuously improve product quality and customer value.
- Select and rollout test tools across engineering teams.
- Manage test infrastructure in partnership with Engineering and DevOps groups to ensure sufficient available test infrastructure to support all software delivery activities.
- Identify and implement training opportunities across all Engineering teams to ensure consistent quality outcomes.
- Establish process for validating QA test plans for each product and release to minimize requirement issues, technical risks, and downstream impacts. Partner with Product Owners and QA Chapter members to ensure quality of integrated solutions.
- Establish process for ensuring that requirements traceability, test coverage and exit criteria are satisfied before closing testing related tasks.
- Manage test assets and defects to ensure product quality using Jira, Zephyr and other tools.
- Measure test progress, blocking issues, risks, and develop mitigation plans in collaboration with the Engineering teams.
- Monitor and control the testing process, provide metrics and measurement of testing activities, including test coverage of CI, CT, and CD.
- Produce Quality Metrics across the delivery lifecycle, from Requirement quality through to Live running of the systems.
- Recruit, manage, coach, mentor and develop technical testing capabilities of QA Engineers.
- Provide technical leadership for QA Engineering practices supporting software solutions designed for Java/C#/Web/Android/iOS platforms.
- Manage, define and execute non-functional testing strategy including but not limited to PCS (performance, capacity, and scalability) Testing and Security (OWASP, Penetration) Testing
- Manage and support QA convergence activities for all kind of releases.
- Own Release Management; participate in Go/No Go decisions; providing information on open test areas, known issues, and other release risks.
- Maintain backlog of Healthy Systems teams, including issue resolution, Tech Debt remediation, Security vulns, Performance tuning, Cost optimisation and more.
Some Things About You
- Experience in quality management roles within medium- to large-sized global IT organisations.
- Experience in building out strong quality assurance capabilities within Agile organisation.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Solid communicator with stakeholder management and customer focused communications skills.
- Able to communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Proven experience in leading software quality teams working with complex, distributed application, enterprise software, or highly scalable Cloud products.
- Expertise in people management (performance management, objective setting and measurement), leading and developing technical capabilities within QA personnel.
- Prior experience designing and implementing automated test frameworks and solutions targeting API, Web and Mobile platforms within a fast-paced software delivery environment.
- Prior experience in testing Cloud-based software, micro services, containers, or other cloud test automation and test orchestration, iOS and Android is a strong plus.
- Strong communication, presentation, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Agile mindset and servant leadership believer.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
We want to talk to you if you can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers