Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple, so that sending money is as easy as sending a text message Tap the WorldRemit app or head to on our website, and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard part, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown - on average - by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3.1bn of remittances on an annualised basis. WorldRemit’s success, and the size of the market it is operating in, means it has attracted investment from the world’s leading technology and impact investors, Accel, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) and Leapfrog with $370m invested to date. We currently employ close to 1,000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers
About the Role
You will be working with some of the most cutting-edge technologies and the most talented people in the industry. This will give you a great opportunity to develop your skills and progress your career in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe!
In this role you’ll be focused on delivering complex initiatives, breaking down cross-functional barriers and dependencies. You’ll plan for high-level delivery and then get into the detail to make things happen. You’ll help to progress a developing delivery culture at WorldRemit, to raise the bar for cross-functional planning and communicating across the business.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand their roadmap and work with them to develop and execute delivery plans.
- Lead a collaborative planning and delivery process – you’ll identify key stakeholders and participants across multiple teams, understand their capacity and then bring together a cross functional ‘Delivery Team’ to deliver new product features at optimal efficiency.
- A central role in delivering key initiatives, you’ll develop and maintain status reports and visibility for the wider organisation.
- Highlighting dependencies and obstacles, working with your partners to track and overcome them.
- Endlessly flexible, you’ll know that each delivery is unique and tailor your plans to each initiative and the individuals involved – doing what it takes to ensure an efficient delivery.
- Challenge our existing processes – you’ll support the leadership in developing WorldRemit’s Product Delivery Framework. You’ll fast-track cutting away complexity and promoting good delivery practices across Product and the wider business.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- You’ll preferably have experience in delivering digital projects and products in an agile/scrum environment.
- Willing to get stuck into the technical detail, you’ll be able to converse with technical teams but also with the wider business.
- You’ll have exceptional communication skills, providing oversight and insight where required, whilst minimising unnecessary process.
- Outcome-focused, you will have proven experience of ‘getting it done’, being able to cut through the noise and keep the team focused on the end goal.
- You’ll have experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- You’ll have a wealth of methodologies to apply to help us achieve effective delivery, but you’ll be flexible to find the right approach for each project.
- You will be able to think both strategically and tactically, supporting the leadership in developing a Product Delivery Framework, whilst also being able to provide intimate support to teams.
- You will have strong servant leadership and ‘intrapreneurship’ skills, able to get the best out of cross-functional teams and influence key stakeholders of all levels.
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.