Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple, so that sending money is as easy as sending a text message Tap the WorldRemit app or head to on our website, and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard part, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown - on average - by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3.1bn of remittances on an annualised basis. WorldRemit’s success, and the size of the market it is operating in, means it has attracted investment from the world’s leading technology and impact investors, Accel, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) and Leapfrog with $370m invested to date. We currently employ close to 1,000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers
The WorldRemit Office in Kraków is currently growing and we are looking for a Cloud Operations Manager to lead our CloudOps Team and help us operate, monitor and troubleshoot our cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm and different ideas to the table.
You will be someone who likes to:
- Constantly evolve techniques through learning
- Take initiative when you see an opportunity for improvement
- Ask questions and use the experience of those around you
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- Write infrastructure as code in fast and elegant ways
- Perform infrastructure tests
You’ll help the team to:
- Evolve, improve and run our existing cloud systems
- Create innovative cloud solutions
- Ensure 24x7 availability of our production platform
- Determine and set measurements of metrics to ascertain quality and performance
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of infrastructure deployment automation in the cloud
- Contribute to the definition of our future system infrastructure in order to improve the stability and operational efficiency of our systems
- Collaborate with our product development team to identify and address production issues and root out performance bottlenecks
- Support the tools we use for automation activities (configuration management, patching, etc.)
- Support our Kubernetes orchestration infrastructure
- Promote infrastructure automation practices within our Engineering departments
- Participate as a technical contributor by providing solutions to operations problems
- Implement techniques for keeping systems available by designing simple, repeatable, and reliable solutions.
- Develop monitoring solutions and analysis across multiple cloud environments, in particular AWS
- Perform capacity analysis, planning and cost optimisation of the platform
- Develop, maintain, and operate cutting-edge infrastructure deployment tools.
- Run and maintain our production infrastructure hosted on AWS
- Provide the first line of support for all production issues
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the system, by ensuring that the platform is tuned and running optimally
- Take charge of and own all production incident management activities for effective resolution
Some Things About You
- Experience in infrastructure management roles within medium- to large-sized global IT organisations
- Experience building out strong technical teams from the ground up
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and IT/NOC operations
- Solid understanding of IT service management, processes and operations (e.g ITIL)
- Solid communicator with stakeholder management and customer focused communications skills
- An ability to communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Experience with security access technologies
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows system and network administration
- Solid Python knowledge
- Experience in cloud infrastructure and platform services such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with inter-system, microservices and message bus technologies
- Experience in configuration management and infrastructure automation systems such as Terraform, Ansible and Puppet
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker orchestration environments
- Experience with Windows server failover clustering environments
- Experience with APM systems such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics and/or New Relic
- Experience with logging systems such as Splunk
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash
- Experience in, or happy to learn, a variety of technology stacks
- Knowledge of standard methodologies and IT operations in an always-up, always-available, self-healing service
- Experience working in an on-call position with a rotation schedule
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills and performance tuning experience.