Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple, so that sending money is as easy as sending a text message Tap the WorldRemit app or head to on our website, and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard part, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown - on average - by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3.1bn of remittances on an annualised basis. WorldRemit’s success, and the size of the market it is operating in, means it has attracted investment from the world’s leading technology and impact investors, Accel, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) and Leapfrog with $370m invested to date. We currently employ close to 1,000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers
Marketing & Communications
Permanent / Full Time
Background and Job Purpose:
A Design Manager role to generate creative for marketing campaigns and various other customer and internal touch points. The role will focus on producing a range of high-quality visual assets across digital and offline, whilst removing reliance on external agencies. The work will need to be driven by the internal client’s brief including understanding the consumer journey, brand guidelines and ensuring visual appeal/consistency.
- Produce a range of high-quality visual assets and design work that will span across the whole brand
- Work to briefs from the marketing team to deliver artwork for a variety of marketing campaigns, ranging from brand awareness and consideration to direct response and engagement.
- Deliver creative for a mix of channels including emails, online banner ads, social media, billboards, shop posters and signage, brochures, website and app content, merchandise as well as material to support internal company requirements
- Manage Junior Designer and work alongside copywriter and video editor to produce finished adverts and communication assets
- Exceed client expectations by liaising throughout design process and providing accurate time and budget estimates
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies and printers as required
- QC all creatives to ensure consistency and brand resonance
- Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure creatives are delivered on time
- Sign off on artwork created globally to ensure brand consistency
- Pitch new ideas and ways of creating concepts that excite and delight
- Manage digital production across multiple formats
- Receive and adapt existing creative and produce against defined digital templates for social media platforms and online display
- Manage outside agencies for artwork needs
- Be the brand custodian and ensure the brand guidelines are implemented at every point
Skills & Profile
- Passionate about creativity and translating consumer propositions into high impact designs
- Excellent communicator capable of providing a compelling rationale for ideas and concepts
- Understands different cultural nuances that appeal to various target markets
- Collaborative and comfortable receiving feedback from a range of stakeholders
- Hard working, proactive and self-driven
- Ability to work individually as well as a part of a team
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Art direct and mentor the creative team and look to continually develop and evolve the brand to stay at par with industry trends.
- Be willing to get hands-on with artwork and not hesitate to be a part of the production process
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Sketch
- Motion graphic skills·
- Experience working in a similar role in an agency, freelancer capacity or in-house
- Strong portfolio with examples of great designs demonstrating strong sense of layout, colour and fonts
- Experience in delivering both digital and print artwork
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Understand the basic principles of marketing and always put the customer at the heart of creative solutions
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles
- No formal dress code