Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
As Senior Product Designer in working in a team within our Growth Tribe, you will have an important role in helping us to build more relevant and impactful products for our customers, many of whom are migrants sending money abroad to their family and friends. Our customers can send from over 50 countries to over 150 countries. We are looking for designers to work with and guide the team that is focused on creating the best experiences for customers to send money for the first time. In this role, you will help drive understanding of our customers, forming insights and turning them into product features driven by design thinking.
- Collaborate with the product owner and engineers in your team to proactively set the design vision and identify ways to improve our web and app customer experiences, such as:
- Sending and receiving money.
- Building the best acquisition experience.
- Improving the activation process.
- And a bunch more other product features.
- Influence and help steer the roadmap for your team and tribe, that helps us achieve our long-term vision, aligned to user needs and business goals.
- Effectively partner with others in the business to ensure that our implementation and user experience is of high-quality, bringing your great designs to life.
- Help mentor designers across product teams and departments, support the design team by sharing work and helping to improve broad design initiatives such as our pattern library, user interviews and research.
- Provide guidance, input and support in our review and feedback sessions. Actively seek out feedback from your fellow designers and beyond your product team.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- You have incredible experience as an individual contributor, with expertise working in a product design team and a great story to tell about the products you’ve worked on alongside a portfolio you’re proud of. We’ve found this generally comes with 5 or more years experience as a designer.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, effectively able to manage and facilitate discussions centred around the customer, able to confidently present your designs and thinking process to the wider business.
- You have demonstratable experience where the best version of you flourishes in an environment that promotes accountability, autonomy, mastery and purpose.
- You consistently show the importance that design plays to help influence positive behaviours for customers, with your experience in design thinking directly creating engaging and impactful solutions.
- You’re someone who draws motivation, purpose and inspiration from the mission of a company and use that in helping solve the problems you work on and defining the design vision.
- You are a brilliant 'T-shaped' designer bringing your experience with the end-to-end iterative design process, and keen sense of detail, to problem solving.
- You have expertise in story mapping, journey mapping, prototyping, low or high fidelity prototypes, user testing and research to help achieve design goals.
- You’re friendly, humble and focused on the team, and love working closely with product managers, data scientists, engineers and being supported by experienced designers to bring your unique perspective into the design process.
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code
Something really important
We are proud of the efforts we have put in to build a diverse and inclusive product design team and it is essential we continue this. We want to ensure we are designing experiences that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
If the role sounds like a good fit and you’re interested in helping a making genuine impact on people’s lives, don’t hesitate to apply! We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.