Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple, so that sending money is as easy as sending a text message Tap the WorldRemit app or head to on our website, and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard part, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown - on average - by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3.1bn of remittances on an annualised basis. WorldRemit’s success, and the size of the market it is operating in, means it has attracted investment from the world’s leading technology and impact investors, Accel, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) and Leapfrog with $370m invested to date. We currently employ close to 1,000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers
- Set up bank payments as requested by the Treasury team, Accounts Payable, Financial Operations and other relevant team either manually or via batch upload.
- Ensure requests for payment are properly authorised in accordance with group processes and procedures prior to set up.
- Ensure that payments are fully processed in a timely manner in accordance with group processes and procedures.
- Maintain payment templates in accordance with group processes and procedures. Provide evidence of payments as and when required.
- Keep all banking mandates up-to-date.
- Assist in the review of access to banking portals ensuring sufficient coverage of users across the organisation.
- Maintain Bank Account Data Management.
- Prepare, complete and manage all documents for new accounts openings.
- Maintain up-to-date contact data for all network banks.
- Be hands on in gathering the required information for new ‘Send’ markets.
- Gather financial information to send and receive market banks as they request information for company reviews.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of department policies and procedures.
- Proactively assist Treasury management team with strategic Treasury projects (e.g. SWIFT, TMS etc.).
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred, or extensive experience in a similar treasury function
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of being involved in payment processes or communication to banks
- The ability to prioritise and meet deadlines efficiently within fast-paced environment
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing environment, with an enjoyment of problem-solving and a strong analytical mindset
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Organisational skills
- Able to operate with minimum supervision
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.