Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple, so that sending money is as easy as sending a text message Tap the WorldRemit app or head to on our website, and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard part, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown - on average - by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3.1bn of remittances on an annualised basis. WorldRemit’s success, and the size of the market it is operating in, means it has attracted investment from the world’s leading technology and impact investors, Accel, Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) and Leapfrog with $370m invested to date. We currently employ close to 1,000 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
- Aim high - We dream big, think bold and go the extra mile
- Embrace challenge - We ask questions, start conversations, and always love to learn
- Do what’s right - We act with integrity, building trust in ourselves and in our business
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page: https://www.worldremit.com/en/careers
About the Role
The successful Total Rewards Manager will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced business environment. You will develop, analyse and review compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to WorldRemits goals and competitive practices.
projects and programmes in order to drive the business forward. The role is a great opportunity for a dynamic, resourceful and solutions driven individual who likes to work in an international environment and is keen to make an impact.
The role is based in London and will be supported by HR teams located in Poland, Philippines and the US, acting as an agent of change in the department and the business at large. Working across all aspect of the function’s remit. Role will report to Chef People Officer.
- As a sole contributor, you will play a key part in the design, delivery and partnership of global Reward programmes
- Work closely with the global HR team to provide insights and best practice, collect job data and consistently manage the job-levelling / job architecture process
- Promote a” pay for performance” culture
- Effectively benchmark jobs using market and internal data to ensure consistency in the pay structure across the entire organisation
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures; recommending plan revisions, as well as conceiving new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives
- Effectively communicate & market our Total Reward offerings
- Identify relevant market data and trends regarding executive compensation and present recommendations.
- Monitor cost differentials, taxes for equalisation and country specific incentives and variable pay.
- Analyse country specific data and relevant market trends, develop salary structures and market pricing recommendations.
- Keeps apprised of local, national and regional compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Build and implement tools to streamline annual processes (i.e. salary reviews, benefits open enrolment, benchmarking)
- Partners with Business HR leaders and Business Partners to provide guidance on all components of reward management (i.e. job evaluation, executive offers and the allocation of base, bonus etc).
- Monitoring employee information, analysing practices of competitors, identifying leading practices & provide HR and senior leadership with effective compensation analytics to help business identify issues and solve problems.
- Create and maintain strong partnerships across the business to ensure WR offers a comprehensive complete total rewards package to address talent attraction, retention and motivation.
- Provide thought leadership to business on compensation issues including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements and compensation structure etc.
- Complete and review benchmarking exercises group wide including job architecture, evaluation and families.
- Hay, Towers Watson or Mercer job evaluation methodology
- Lead the annual benefits programmes, Pension, Increments, Bonus etc.
- Alongside Talent, develop and successfully deliver the Performance initiative.
- Ideally will have experience of working across multiple business lines in a diversified organisation within same scale;
- Successful track record in delivery of compensation and benefit related strategies and/or large-scale transformation projects;
Summary of required experience & attributes
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have extensive experience working in the Total Rewards industry, specifically having worked across multiple countries, regions and jurisdictions.
- Ideally you will come from a consultancy or professional services environment
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience designing, executing, and implementing programs
- Global/international experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Hands on approach
- Team Player
- Coaching Skills
- Strategic Thinker
- Communication Skills-up to C Level
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code