What you’ll be working on:
Based in Cebu (Philippines), reporting to our Head of Infrastructure, based in the UK, you will be the Engineering Leader for our Corporate IT team in the Philippines, supporting an end user base of 300 which is estimated to grow to over 400 by the end of 2020.
As leader of our local Corporate IT team, you’ll be responsible for services including internal global network and security systems, telephony, end user computer, local file and print – as well as the people, process and systems to support these services – managing all aspects of the internal IT infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Leader to play a pivotal role in scaling a global FinTech organization in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
● Providing technical leadership of local Corporate IT team members.
● Mentoring and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team building, ensure they are coached and motivated to their full potential, provide career growth/professional development counsel and opportunities.
● Working closely with Senior Management in strategic planning and tactical execution regarding IT roadmap initiatives, financial planning, and compliance mandates.
● Cooperating closely with key stakeholders, especially with local Philippines management in Customer Services and Operations, and with our global Information Security team.
● Simplifying in-office infrastructure, internal company system/applications and production services, through effective use of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools wherever possible.
● Managing good relationship with suppliers and service providers for Corporate IT. Developing and maturing strategic partner relationships and seeking efficiency and value.
● Managing risk and compliance requirements associated with all Corporate IT provided systems and services.
● Hiring and retaining top engineering talent, fostering a high-performance culture in teams and individuals.
Skills and Requirements:
You should have:
● Demonstrated ability and skills to work in a dynamically growing environment and willing to implement change and scalable innovative IT solutions.
● Subject matter expertise across critical components of IT (e.g. infrastructure, internal applications, IT operations, IT finances and expenses, end user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, testing).
● Significant experience in operating sophisticated technical solutions with a focus on Windows & Linux Servers, Windows, Linux and Apple Desktops, Microsoft Office365 and Google GSuite collaboration systems.
● Experience of thin-client environments based on Google’s ChromeOS products
● A record of success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods like DevOps that are optimized for agility.
● Deep technical knowledge including modern engineering technologies and practices. Significant experience in high scale Corporate IT environments.
● Proven experience as an effective people leader with a track record of building capability through developing people; deep understanding of how to optimize team performance for growth.
● Demonstrable skills as a strong, collaborative communicator who can have a positive impact across engineering and the broader business. Balances the needs of the businesses, the team and our customers.
● An innovative mindset – informed views on the latest technologies and the most effective ways of trialling and deploying them.
● The ability to form a good cultural fit – We are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical and collaborative culture.
Complete this application form to apply for this job.