Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
Who are we looking for?
Someone to come and join our diverse WorldRemit team and play a leadership role, bringing the best out of our people.
You have a ‘can do’ attitude and positive approach to support people and develop a high performing, energetic and engaged Team.
You are hands on and take ownership to solve problems and are constantly looking for ways to make our service and processes more efficient and successful.
You have proven ability to close performance gaps, provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast paced and complex environment.
You are passionate about customer service and want to ensure that we provide a uniquely positive experience and show our customers that we care about them.
Role & Responsibilities
Your role and responsibilities will include but not be limited to ensuring that your team is run effectively, delivering results that support the Company goals.
- Monitor, report, and manage team performance
- Understand key performance metrics, and how to influence them
- Take part in the recruitment, induction, and training of team members
- Frequently coach and train and give feedback to the agents in your team and others in the centre to effectively raise engagement, support development, and get the best out of your people
- Manage performance issues as necessary
- Understand Company systems and processes
- Provide guidance and where necessary decide whether to release or hold transactions, accept IDs, or mark transactions as fraud, or refer to Compliance Team
- Handle escalated customers’ complaints either by phone or email to ensure customer’s trust is recovered and the right experience delivered
- Work with Workforce Manager to agree leave, shift swaps or other scheduling changes, and manage agent availability
- Ensure staff are always up-to-date with updates/alerts/notifications from management
- Provide day-to-day supervision of the staff including supervising break times to ensure sufficient cover at all times, reporting absences and monitoring lateness
- Support other teams by floor-walking and frequent personal engagement with all agents.
- Ensure staff understand the team’s daily objectives in terms of case, as well as the Company goals and the CS role in achieving them
- Ensure team adherence to company policies and standards
- When working during these times, liaise with Denver team managers to manage overnight and weekend shift priorities for both teams
- Report any systems issues to relevant personnel overnight or at weekends
- Ensure customer queries - via all channels - and transactions are resolved efficiently and within agreed timeframes
- Manage and review absenteeism, and lateness ensuring return to work and exit interviews are completed
- Manage regular performance reviews to ensure individual, team and company targets are achieved. Maintain a positive team spirit which supports teamwork and inspires others
- Continuously act as a role model for your team in living WorldRemit’s values
- Manage effective on-boarding and knowledge transfer to new members of your team
- Actively suggest opportunities to improve processes to become more efficient and improve customer experience
- Serve as a positive member of the leadership team, identifying issues, contributing ideas/solutions and supporting the team in all actions
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Proven experience of managing a customer service team and driving performance
- Minimum 3-5 years people leadership experience
- Have strong planning, organisational and time management skills and can manage changing priorities
- Can adapt to an evolving business environment
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code