Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Reporting into the Vice President of Customer Service, you will be responsible for driving the workforce planning function across multiple sites. The customer service department makes up over half the company in terms of people and is a rapidly growing department that has to be able to react quickly to our customers needs and support the company growth aspirations.
- Manage and develop the Global WFM team, ensuring the correct skills are present within the team in order to support the operational success of the WorldRemit Contact Centres and optimum costs
- To establish strategic plans and the business performance for World Remit CS
- Financial planning and budget tracking and working closely with central functions to ensure that operational forecasts are communicated and tracked against demand
- To own and drive the business strategy for Management information for World Remit CS.
- Developing and running insights and reports in an easy to understand way which is used to drive change, support a high performing culture and help WR understand its customers
- Set and Monitor service levels across any outsourced agencies used by WorldRemit CS
- Ownership of the following processes for WorldRemit CS. Budgeting, Capacity planning, scheduling, shift planning, queue management and reporting.
- To own the WorldRemit Telephony architecture and administration.
- Owner of the relationship for the Vendor Management for telephony and the Workforce Management system.
- Budgetary responsibility for licensing for telephony and WFM systems
- Produce short, mid and long-term forecasts (contact volumes, distributions, AHT and shrinkages) and work with the head office on the centre’s budgeting.
- Review the accuracy of forecasts/schedules, providing feedback and recommendations for improvements.
- Create and distribute schedules/rosters based on short-term forecast, operational targets and the workforce’s availability, restrictions and preferences. Identify potential issues and liaise with Contact Centre and Team Managers for resolution.
- Support internal agent requirements through planned shrinkage planning to support internal ESAT.
- Any other requirements to support the success of WorldRemit
Summary of required experience
- 3+ Years working in a WFM Leadership role
- Experience in scheduling employees for multiple sites operating as a virtual centre in different time zone and/or with multiple languages.
- Experience in running and owning the telephony function of a contact centre
- Experience in working in a fast-growing company
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to collate and analyse data and deliver this to achieve maximum results.
- Strong communication skills within all levels of the business
- Experience using a workforce management platform and telephony systems (ideally: Teleopti
- WFM and NewVoiceMedia telephony system)
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience managing planning and scheduling and reporting for large [global] complex services and teams.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the planning and scheduling contact centre operations.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
You as a person
- Have a passion for what we stand for, and a demonstrable interest in disrupting payments
- Are results driven and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done no matter what the task is
- Are highly structured & analytical, spot trends and come up with recommendations
- Love getting into the details but can distil & communicate pertinent information effectively
- Get a thrill out of solving problems, planning and forecasting.
- Are a people person and awesome at building relationships
- Hold a black belt in juggling & prioritising multiple tasks, while maintaining a zen-like attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Eat chaos for breakfast, then goes on to develop structure/ processes and constantly improve on them
- Can inspire, coach and lead a dispersed team to maximize team performance
- Are inspired by bringing out best in the team, and contributing to their development early in their careers
- Know how to set priorities for the team and yourself based on business objectives
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.