Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
As the international money transfer and remittance market evolves, you will be instrumental in helping WorldRemit continue to disrupt this ever-changing industry by ensuring WorldRemit’s strategic decisions are informed by best-in-class market and competitor intelligence.
In this high-profile role, you will be the subject matter expert on global market and competitor intelligence with deep understanding of our industry and the impact of competitive change on our business. Your remit will be business wide, to drive awareness and understanding of market characteristics and competitive trends, threats, strategies, business developments and marketing communications across the global functions of WorldRemit. Your insights and recommendations will inform marketing and innovation strategies as well as help shape communications and tactical activity, at local market and global level.
As part of the research & strategy team within the Brand & Customer Strategy directorate, you will use your research skills, tenacity and a suite of online tools to scope trends, market specifics and competitor activity. Senior decision makers will rely on your insight and recommendations. You will use different reporting tools and channels to disseminate and communicate the insight uncovered. You will liaise closely with country managers around the world, to help us understand our send and receive audiences better and assess the competitive landscape in our core markets, as well as identify trends and watch-outs. Collaborating closely with the wider commercial, product and marketing functions, your insights and recommendations will inform product innovation roadmaps, UX improvement, messaging and new proposition ideas.
Market analysis and research
- Monitor and analyse trends and movements in the remittance industry overall and in our target markets specifically
- Observe challengers and new entrants, and provide a perspective on their potential strategic moves and impact on WorldRemit
- Monitor and analyse innovation and business developments by incumbent providers, and assess impact on WorldRemit’s core audience and business
- Keep up to date with competitor PR, campaign activity, partnership plans and announcements, providing timely view and insights on key messages, potential implications and, where required, engaging with relevant internal stakeholders for specific follow-ups
- Stay abreast of competitors’ product and innovation roadmaps
- Regularly test competitors’ user experience to pick up on new developments and gain insight on potential UX improvements
- Analyse, aggregate and disseminate brand and customer research data to drive understanding of audience characteristics, competitor perceptions and marketing positioning
- Use a variety of tools to collate comprehensive, multi-channel insight on competitor activity
- Triangulate Voice of the Customer, customer understanding and market and competitor intelligence to identify opportunities for product innovation and business growth
- Implement and oversee portfolio of competitor analysis tools
Communication and reporting
- Effectively co-ordinate, aggregate, synthesise and analyse market and competitive insights from various sources to develop a compelling and actionable story
- Provide weekly updates to the business on competitor announcements, offers and campaign activity
- Utilise various communications channels to issue competitive intelligence alerts in a timely and accessible manner, and ensure the wider business is kept abreast of competitive trends, business plans and developments
- Develop and maintain in-depth market overviews and competitor profiles for our key markets
- Regularly provide market and competitor intelligence reports to global senior stakeholders
Strategy and planning
- Make tactical recommendation on how WorldRemit can pre-empt or respond to competitor moves and developments
- Highlight opportunities for improvements in messaging, UX or proposition to combat competitive threats
- Provide competitive and market context to inform marketing plans, pricing strategies and product propositions
- Inform wider market positioning of WorldRemit in key send and receive markets
- Assess risks and market threats impacting product and campaign performance
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Resourceful, analytical, thorough and robust in your recommendations
- A confident communicator, able to adapt to the needs of different audiences
- Able to distil complex information into clear insights, trends and strategic recommendations
- Comfortable with a variety of analytical tools and research
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable working independently
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to deliver high quality outputs consistently
- Eager to learn, grow and gain new skills
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, in the UK and globally
- Minimum 5+ years’ solid experience in market analysis or competitor intelligence
- Great track record of providing actionable intelligence to senior stakeholder in a global context
- Good experience in developing marketing strategy for digital products/services
- Strong commercial acumen and basic understanding of market dynamics and pricing
- Solid knowledge of and experience with online competitor analysis tools
- Excellent reporting and communication skills, ideally some experience with Tableau
- A strong academic background, ideally in a role related field e.g. business, marketing, economics
- Sector experience in financial services, technology or international services field is an advantage
- Foreign languages are an advantage
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.