Product Marketing Manager
Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
As we continue to diversify and broaden our service offering at WorldRemit, you will be instrumental in developing an insight-led innovation roadmap for the business and shaping the marketing strategy for new products and features we are developing for our customers.
Reporting to the Research & Strategy lead, you will use your research skills to help identify fresh opportunities for WorldRemit and make recommendations on how to evolve our product offering to meet changing customer needs. Serving as liaison between product, engineering and marketing teams, you will develop a go-to-market strategy and product-level marketing plan, that is reflective of the audience insight underpinning the opportunity. You will support the campaigns team with recommendations on product proposition, target audience and campaign strategy. Closing the product cycle, you will be responsible for overseeing product marketing performance and implementing lessons learnt.
- Scoping and Research
- Triangulation of Voice of the Customer, customer understanding and market and competitor intelligence to identify opportunities for product innovation and growth
- Providing insight on wider market landscape and competitor innovation
- Supporting on product related consumer research
- Developing strong understanding of our diverse, global audience and our customers’ needs and expectations, to shape marketing strategy, and help strengthen insight across the business
- Inform wider market positioning of WorldRemit in key send and receive markets
- Strategy development and marketing planning
- Collaborating closely with product and engineering teams on launch and implementation plans
- Writing marketing strategy and launch plans for new product propositions
- Making recommendations on customer propositions and messaging
- Defining target audience and provide profiling information to inform marketing approach
- Making recommendations on targeting and channel strategy
- Overseeing campaign delivery, working closely with the campaign and CRM teams
- Assessing risks and market threats impacting product and campaign performance
- Measurement and reporting
- Measuring and monitoring campaign performance across a variety of channels (e.g. social media, online, ATL, BTL, events, etc), working closely with the research, analytics and online marketing teams
- Set, measure and report on key performance indicators for product campaigns and offer evidence-based recommendations for improvement
- Producing impactful and insightful exec-ready reports on performance, effectiveness and optimization, at product and campaign level
Summary of required experience & attributes
- A marketing all-rounder who understands all stages of marketing planning and delivery, and can handle a varied and wide-ranging remit
- A self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable working independently
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to deliver high quality outputs consistently
- A strategic thinker, with strong analytical capabilities
- Able to distil complex information into clear recommendations
- Eager to learn, grow and gain new skills
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, in the UK and globally
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in marketing, with a focus on but not limited to digital channels
- Strong experience in developing marketing strategy for digital products/services
- Strong commercial acumen and basic understanding of product / dynamic pricing
- Experience in leading workstreams and managing cross-business project teams
- At least basic knowledge of Google Analytics and social media analytics
- Experience in market and competitor analysis, desk research, and/or market research
- Solid reporting and presentation skills, ideally some experience with Tableau
- A strong academic background, ideally in a role related field e.g. business, marketing, economics
- Sector experience in financial services, technology or international services field is an advantage
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.