About the Role
WorldRemit is growing fast. To make sure we are delivering the great service we expect for our customers, we’re changing the way we organise ourselves to help our customers when something goes wrong. This newly created leadership role will focus our specialist team in CS on retaining a customer and making sure we fix any issues for the next customer. You will champion our departmental and organisational goals and values by providing and promoting excellent customer service and be key to the successful implementation of the customer resolution process. You will deliver solutions to customer complaints and provide an understanding of root causes to improve the service and share with internal stakeholders. You will be comfortable communicating with colleagues at all levels.
As part of the Customer Care Leadership team you will attend weekly meetings with Operational Managers and input to the C Suite (SWRM) Monthly Reviews spotlighting issues and trends on complaints.
As this is a new role, we are looking for a Customer Service pioneer. Someone who will innovate, drive and create a step change in our ability to manage complex cases well and will pride themselves and their team in turning around tricky cases to successful outcomes.
- To lead and motivate and coach the Retentions team to achieve targets to reduce customer churn.
- To build internal relationships with operational managers and teams to ensure we respond to any underlying customer concerns
- To implement and maintain a set of comprehensive policies and procedures.
- To identify high-profit customers and proactively retain them.
- To act as a point of escalation when required and to help manage customer expectations
- Assist in the resolution of complaints for the organisation via a centralised team
- Support the production of regular reporting including analysis of trends and themes
- Undertake root cause investigations and recommend improvements to WR services and processes.
- Be aware of industry best practices and make recommendations for improvement as required.
- To comply with any and all conduct rules which are from time to time issued by the FCA
- Maintain customer confidentiality ensuring compliance with GDPR.
- Continuously develop self and keep knowledge up to date using the knowledgebase and by gathering feedback from the operational team and actively handling cases
- Act as an ambassador for the company’s culture and values
Summary of required experience & attributes
You have great customer empathy, proven persuasion ability, and can guide and reassure, whilst always acting with integrity. You will be a positive, solutions focussed leader and customer champion with a passion for solving tricky problems and driving outcomes and resolutions which meet customer and organisational needs.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, target driven environment
- You can ‘translate’ between technical and non-technical teams, and can empathetically communicate a customer’s pain to internal WR teams
- You have high emotional intelligence and problem-solving abilities
- At least 5 years Contact Centre or Financial Institution previous experience of working in the Financial Services/customer services Industry
- Knowledge and compliance with laid down policies and or procedures
- To be able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- High standard of accuracy & attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to use own initiative
- Organised and disciplined