Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
The successful Head of Talent Management will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced business environment. You will develop and implement various Talent Management projects and programmes in order to drive the business forward. The role is a great opportunity for a dynamic, resourceful and solutions driven individual who likes to work in an international environment and is keen to make an impact.
The role is based in London and will be supported by HR teams located in Poland, Philippines and the US, acting as an agent of change in the department and the business at large. Working across all aspect of the function’s remit, the Head of Talent Management is responsible for the implementation and success of Management process, policies and initiatives.
Role will report to Chef People Officer.
- As a sole contributor, you will play a key part in the design, delivery and partnership of global talent programmes that will assist the business in becoming the market leader.
- Create the tools, leverage the technology and the disruptive content to scale the approach to Talent Management in relation to careers, performance and investment.
- Lead the design and launch of the programs that will support the identification, mobilisation and leveraging of talent.
- Leverage your deep expertise in talent planning, talent identification & assessment and succession planning
- Develop a strong ecosystem across talent development, talent attraction and future capabilities to contribute to the overall people strategy.
- Build talent management capabilities and equip teams and business partners with the tools and skills needed to successfully execute on their talent agenda.
- Owner of the global Talent & Performance calendar, including the delivery of Performance and Talent Management systems and processes (both on and offline)
- A leadership subject matter expert; supporting design, implementation, communications and training
- Owner of the global Management Standards framework
- Support the development & implementation of our new Target Operating Model, providing standard tools, methods and approaches to talent management, selection and assessment.
- Provider of updates to key stakeholders including the Executive Committee
- Supporting the HR Business Partners and key stakeholders to plan & prepare for key talent & development activities
- Work with CoE leaders to develop and maintain relevant KPI's and metrics
- Work with Internal Communications to leverage relevant channels for communication of talent achievements
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Experience of the end-to-end Talent Management and Performance Management lifecycle
- Previous experience working in the Financial services or Technology industry
- Preferable with the ability to connect global initiatives with local context
- Familiar with application and an appetite for translating the latest thinking on good talent and performance management to continue to embed the right practices.
- Experience leveraging assessments to help drive talent programs.
- Specialisation in talent management function or talent management ecosystem.
- Experience designing, executing, and implementing programs
- Global/international experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Hands on approach
- Team Player
- Coaching Skills
- Strategic Thinker
- Communication Skills-up to C Level
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code