Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
With growing and complex marketing investment globally we are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Marketing Effectiveness Manager. You will be the owner of metrics and reporting that will guide the marketing team. This involves using statistical techniques to assess the impact of marketing performance and being able to translate data into meaningful actions that contribute to our business goals.
The role will work closely with all members of the marketing team across brand, online, CRM, general marketing and sales conversion performance
- Work closely with department Heads to research, evaluate, implement and maintain industry leading reporting
- Take ownership of data consistency and reliability, making improvements to enrich the insights over time as well as audit internal data
- Work with stakeholders to build daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly dashboards and reporting mechanisms that will help them evaluate the performance of their channel as well as the ROI of various marketing initiatives
- Evaluate and report on ad-hoc marketing initiatives to optimise future investment, specifically evaluate the impact of CRM activities as well as advise on campaign design
- Share insights that will shape our understanding and help to predict customer behaviour
- Automate reporting processes, audit data from external sources and aggregate information from multiple data sources
- Building propensity models to predict customer lifetime value and maintain/evaluate existing propensity models
- Managing 3 Analysts
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Ideally educated to degree level, ideally high achievements in a science or technical discipline
- Experience analysing large datasets in a consumer facing business using SQL is essential, other languages are a plus (e.g. R, Python)
- Advanced level experience with Excel essential
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Exposure to marketing platforms (e.g. CRM platforms, DoubleClick, Google AdWords, Facebook, Mobile App Tracking, Google Analytics)
- Prior experience in marketing analytics, especially in measuring brand and ATL campaigns
- Knowledge of statistics
- Previous management experience desirable but not essential
- Able to take initiative, drive and implement required infrastructure to deliver insight
- Managing and coaching a junior team
- Self-motivated, ambitious and autonomous, thriving daily to grow the business and personally
- Reliable - will work hard when left to carry out tasks on your own
- Strong organisational skills - able to plan, establish processes and track results
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, to build strong relationships with stakeholders
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.