Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$375 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Just like the company, our social media team is growing. We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our Online Marketing team based in London with an aim of driving customer acquisition and engagement through social media, both paid and organic.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about user behaviour in a growing company with a truly global coverage: with more than 4 million customers sending and receiving money across more than 3,500 corridors, our user base is extremely diverse. This role is only apt for the endlessly curious with the ability to untap opportunities that move the needle in terms of overall performance and deliver results in a fast-paced online environment.
Social media is one of our fastest growing acquisition channels and has a direct impact on the company’s results and how customers perceive our brand. There are big expectations that your work will add significant momentum to the hyper-growth expected from the business.
We have an established presence on Facebook and Instagram and are looking to expand into other networks and platforms where we think we can reach out to our target audience.
Work together with our existing Social Media Manager to grow our customer base via social media channels. We are convinced that we are offering something unique and want more people to enjoy the advantages of using our service.
- Manage and optimise 6-figure monthly budgets to ensure delivery against company’s KPIs and strategy. You will be part of a team that lives by the numbers and should be comfortable reporting the good, the not-so-good and the ugly so that we keep continuously improving.
- Expand existing activity, optimise it and identify new opportunities to reach out to users with the most relevant message, at the most relevant time.
- Ensure our presence in social media platforms adheres to the company’s tone of voice and brand guidelines, as well as all compliance and advertising requirements and specs.
- Manage stakeholders across multiple teams, proactively communicating results, initiatives and opportunities. Social media is at the core of many of our marketing campaigns and you will need to be comfortable advising, educating and influencing how they are shaped so that performance is optimal against the different KPIs.
- Work closely with our counterparts at Facebook and other networks to ensure best practices and the latest recommendations are taken into consideration.
Summary of required experience & attributes
They will embody the values of an organisation which is proud to be commercially successful and have a broader social purpose; it is vital that this hire has a close affinity with WorldRemit’s customer and understands the nuances and sensibilities of the company’s audience.
Complete this application form to apply for this job.