Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Analysis & Insight Director is a key senior hire for the business. This role will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of customer analysis and insight to inform decision making and business intelligence across marketing and the wider business.
The right individual will leverage their strong technical knowledge to develop and own the strategy for customer analysis and insight within WorldRemit, this includes customer analysis (e.g. customer, cohort, corridor and value segmentation), campaign analytics (e.g. offline and online campaign performance and CRM effectiveness) and customer research (both qualitative and quantitative analysis).
They will drive improvement through data, analysis and insight and the promotion of a data-driven culture. They will need to be energetic and capable of driving change whilst also taking people with them, working closely with marketing, technology, operational, product and commercial teams across the business. Stakeholder management and relationship building will be as significant to success as any technical skill set.
- Being a visible leader and champion of the adoption of analysis and insight in decision making and ensuring customer insight more accessible to the wider organisation.
- Working in collaboration with internal customers to set the insight and analytics agenda and co-create insights that shape both the definition of local strategies and their successful execution.
- Ensuring analytical & insight outputs have recommendations that are practically doable and have a clear line of sight to expected commercial outcomes, commonly conversion, retention, cost saving, incremental value, campaign ROI and cost to serve.
- Ensuring that as far as possible, analytical output is scaled, automated, visualised to drive engagement and rapidly disseminated.
- Understanding what our customer segments truly value, how well we satisfy their needs and getting the organisation to understand and act on this.
- Ensuring a fit-for-purpose toolset through the continuous evaluation of the tools available in the wider market place and making recommendations to amend the toolset as required.
- Working closely with the data team to ensure that we have the most appropriate data to support our ambition, including third party profile data, to support our business needs and making proactive recommendations for enhancements and new sources as necessary.
- Championing the trialling and adoption of new approaches to both data analytics and research techniques (e.g. A.I / neuro science / marketing and behavioural economics)
- Coaching the team to achieve superior levels of both stakeholder management, to enhance their impact on the business in a commercial context as well as providing hands on direct support to assure delivery when needed.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Significant experience of running analysis and insight teams that have created demonstrable change through the commercial use of insight/ data driven outputs
- Educated to a degree standard, ideally in a mathematical, economic or scientific related discipline
- Commercially focused with natural desire to be connected with the commercial agenda of the business
- Collaborative leader with a wide perspective and proven ability to influence at senior level
- Ability to articulate analysis for a non-technical audience with clarity and in an engaging way
- Experience analysing large datasets in a consumer facing business (SQL, R, Python, Access)
- Exposure to and understanding of data from marketing platforms (e.g. CRM platforms, DoubleClick, Google AdWords, Facebook, Branch/Mobile App Tracking, Google Analytics)
- Experienced in techniques to deduce influences from different attributes e.g. multiple regression, multivariate analysis of variance, discriminant analysis
- Demonstrable analytical problem solving capabilities
- Advanced level experience with Excel
- Strong appreciation of different research methodologies and voice of the customer data sources
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Robust knowledge of all elements of CRM and CX management including use of RFV & behavioural customer segmentation and decisioning.
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.