Who we are:
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up.
We have grown on average by 50% year on year and are now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annual basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices worldwide.
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the role:
The WorldRemit Technology team sits at the heart of the organisation and is critical to ensure continuing evolution of our infrastructure and facilitating design and execution of product features and capabilities – both to better serve our customers and to stay on the forefront of innovation. The Technology Team at WorldRemit is (currently) a 160-strong organisation, which includes software engineering, information security, corporate IT and our cloud platform infrastructure.
This newly created role reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), with the role and the CTO both being based at our London HQ office. The role is aimed at designing and executing the required infrastructure to assist the CTO in managing operational functions for the global organisation.
The role will form a critical part of the Technology Leadership Team and will require someone with proven experience in managing an executive office, designing and implementing efficient processes, compiling executive level presentations and driving/influencing decisions with stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and deliver reports on technology team delivery, including KPIs on delivery and on-going efficiency
- Establish and maintain technology team delivery tracking, communicating information, and challenging team delivery
- Establish, track and drive efficiency in supplier management processes
- Act as the Business Planner for the Global Technology Department, including:
- Support Heads of Department to complete financial processes, such as budgeting, invoicing, receipting and expense submissions
- Building and managing processes to ensure all department spend is in line with approved budget (e.g. Global T&E, new vendors, etc)
- Work with Heads of Departments to understand Actual results and consolidate risks & opportunities to budget for review with the CTO
- Work closely with Finance Business Partner to optimise P&L and track spend vs budget
- Provide a consistent link with our Finance and Legal departments to ensure review and approval of all new supplier contracts in line with Budget and Legal requirements
- Assist in coordination of content for Regional and Global team meetings, and actions around Employee Survey results
- Performance Management – Assist in coordination of team performance and rating alignment
What we are looking for:
- A proven background in IT delivery or planning roles, with an interest in technology and Fintech
- Excellent relationship management skills that enable you to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to effectively drive change in a dynamic environment across multi-functional teams
- A creative thinker with a broad understanding of the needs of technologists and senior leadership
- A passion for great customer experience and the customer perception of WorldRemit
- The ability to manage budgets, budgeting processes, and budget reporting
- Business manager experience preferred