About the role
The FP&A Assistant Manager will report into the FP&A Lead. This is a newly created position which will be responsible for the WR FTE, People Costs and overall Opex planning and analytics as well as pro-actively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven FP&A and modelling experience, problem solving abilities and significant experience in influencing both peers and business teams.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a highly analytical and ambitious finance professional to develop new models and insights which will facilitate the leadership team decision making.
Responsibilities month end tools
- Take ownership of WR FTE & People Costs reporting and planning together with being able to influence the Business to drive decisions that will ensure that Departmental Budget targets are achieve
- Build strong understanding on FTE and People Costs and be able to understand and explain the monthly actuals vs budget variance analysis as well as look at historical trends
- Able to design end to end and best-in-class process companywide
- Drive continuous improvement to the Forecast modelling to improve its accuracy level
- Manage the Opex planning process and monthly actuals vs budget variance analysis
- Work with the Business Partnering and Controllership team to establish a “One Finance” brand and achieve coordinated communication to the Business
- Build relationships with the senior management team to enable influencing of decisions
- Prepare succinct insight and decision-focused presentations for senior management, including presentations and recommendations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with and influence both peers and senior management (UK and globally)
- Proven relationship builder and stakeholder manager
- Proven independent thought leader with a pro-active approach and ability to driving change
- Team player attitude and enjoying working collaboratively is a must
- CIMA, ACA, ACCA qualified
- FP&A knowledge across process, tools and people covering Opex in a multi-country, multi-currency environment
- Experience in working in multinational organisation and a high growth, dynamic, responsive environment is beneficial
- Demonstrable understanding of the Business and partnering w senior stakeholders’ level
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively – capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful conclusion
- Excellent analytical skills applied to a broad range business and industry issues
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and appropriately prioritise.
- Attention to detail, being able to understand and provide guidance on detailed data driven models with the ability to condense output into key messages for senior management
- Strong modelling skills, ability to lead team to analyse large volumes of data and provide concise insights of key messages
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Demonstrate ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Providing impartial financial expertise and information to senior management to promote the ongoing growth and development of the business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills