The role is responsible for the management of the Loss Prevention and Transaction Monitoring teams, Fraud prevention, Chargeback management, Fraud training, providing oversight reports to the Loss Prevention Committee and ensuring effective Fraud reporting and controls. This is a hands-on role that will have a significant impact our business and customers
- You'll be responsible for global fraud prevention at WorldRemit
- You’ll determine strategic working objectives, identify gaps, evaluate, recommend and execute to achieve strategic priorities.
- You'll train and lead a group of dedicated transaction monitoring specialists who have a high level of accuracy: knowing what questions to ask and when to ask them, always balancing fraud prevention with customer experience.
- Through building up this team of analysts and specialists, you'll be able to focus on oversight of their performance and long-term strategy on how to deal with suspected fraudsters.
- You’ll strategise and deliver overhauling the transaction reviews to give legitimate customers a better experience and make more confident cancellation decisions.
- You'll work closely with our Fraud product manager to develop our fraud prevention models through a tight feedback loop.
- You’ll more sophisticated controls and develop workflows for how to better handle suspected fraudulent cases.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring your team respond to chargebacks in a timely fashion.
- You'll cultivate a data-led approach to fraud prevention, creating transparent reporting of fraud activity to key stakeholders across the business
- You’ll chair the Loss Prevention Committee and ensure good governance, control and transparency of our Fraud Prevention activities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Graduate degree or compensating experience in fraud prevention management role.
- Highly analytical and experienced people manager
- Experience in card fraud strategy management, fraud data analytics and/or fraud operations.
- Experience with marketplaces, money transmission services or other relevant area.
- Excellent understanding of credit / debit card processing in an e-commerce environment.
- Excellent understanding of bank transfer processing in an e-commerce environment.
- Thorough understanding of fraud, identity theft, protecting vulnerable customers
- Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to manage tight processes with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency necessary to ensure customer transactions are reviewed promptly.
- Ability to dive into the details and develop greater understanding of how customer electronic footprint is used in the transaction monitoring and decision matrices.
- Highly disciplined person, self-motivated, and delivery focused.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management skills to balance out prioritizing high risk situations without significantly damaging business as usual tasks that are time sensitive.
- Proficient in MS Office and Data Analysis Tools
- Ability to travel internationally to support the business.
- Previous experience with North American or World Visa and Master Card programs, ACH, POLI, or Sofort.