Who are we?
We’re changing the way people send money abroad: we’re taking something complicated and making it simple. At WorldRemit, our people and our technology work together to create faster, easier and lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world and have over 3 million happy customers – a number that’s growing every day!
Pushing boundaries isn’t easy, but we’re hoping to find the right people to join us on our way.
Indonesia is a thriving remittance and payments region for WorldRemit, with substantial growth in received revenue. Continued accelerated growth will be achieved with the support of a strong, relationship-focused Country Manager who will help to maintain and grow existing relationships whilst also seeking to develop new business opportunities, targeting a wide variety of financial institutions in Indonesia as well as local retailers and mobile operators thus creating a wider choice of payout options for WorldRemit’s customers. The Country Manager for Indonesia will also work to increase the company's brand within the area through in-country marketing activities as well as setting up co-branded marketing between WorldRemit and our correspondents. Finally, an understanding or appreciation of the regulatory landscape as it relates to international remittances and mobile money will ensure WorldRemit remains compliant and licensed to operate.
- Identify and evaluate new payment partners within Indonesia across the remittance network, with a focus on Tier 1 financial institutions (mobile operators, retailers, banking, other digital service providers, etc.) and promoting WorldRemit as a leading, efficient and customer-centric service
- Negotiating with correspondents to reduce payout costs through a clear understanding of current market
- Proactively generate own leads and establish relationships either over the phone or face to face, consistently closing business and ensuring that projected sales targets are achieved
- Monitor key relationships and have ears to the ground in order to keep up to date with market dynamics and foresee any complications before they arise
- Contribute to product development plans based on live customer feedback, regulatory development and industry dynamic relevant to the Indonesia market
- Work with remote business and cross functional teams globally
- Travel throughout Indonesia when necessary to meet clients
- Produce regular revenue forecast reports
Summary of required experience and attributes
- A proven business development professional and relationship builder with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience, preferably selling into banks or financial institutions in Indonesia and/or having exposure to payments or value-add services in the consumer space
- Proven ability to influence at all levels, from Board Members, Senior Stakeholders, Senior Directors and Executives to Account Managers and Product Users
- A base understanding of the legal framework in the market, specifically in relation to the regulatory bodies and licensing procedures
- Academically strong and intellectually sound with the expertise to scope out the parameters and dynamics of the correspondent and consumer market. Producing well-thought out target lists and business plans to effectively prioritise their time and cover as much of the region as possible
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and closing long-term deals through educating clients on product solutions and persuasiveness
- An ambitious self-starter, able to work autonomously and motivate themselves
- Languages: Fluent English and Bahasa