Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Based in London, reporting to the VP of Engineering, you’ll lead a small team of Scrum Masters who work across a number of feature teams. In our Technology organisation, the work we do is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality. We strive to improve every day – to be build better teams and a better customer experience. This is real growth at pace.
- Model the way. You will manage and mentor a small team of Scrum Masters working across different squads in the London office. You’ll evaluate developmental needs and identify opportunities for improvements of the Scrum Masters’ skills and knowledge, managing their performance to help them succeed as individuals and as a team.
- Player & Coach. As well as leading the Scrum Masters, you will play a full role working directly with a small number of feature teams.
- Help build the right environment. Fostering a culture where issues can be discussed in an open, transparent, non-judgmental way, enabling issue resolution to become a positive experience.
- Be the voice of reason. You will be a strong facilitator and mediator in Scrum ceremonies and beyond. Getting groups to find the right way forward is key.
- Agile coaching. Working closely with Engineering Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters, you’ll work to evolve and grow the capability and continued adoption of agile principles and working practices to drive high productivity across the tech organisation.
- Data focused. Analyse and present data in a way that helps us drive productivity and reach our goals.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Agile mastery. Extensive experience of applying agile practices to deliver fast moving digital products in cross-functional teams.
- A leader and mentor. Experience of managing and mentoring a team of scrum masters with demonstrable experience of driving higher performance.
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with great communication skills and energy.
- Bias for action. You’re a self-starter, always looking to solve the challenge. You have the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation to promote better ways of working.
- Growth mindset. A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced Scrum Masters. You’ll also show desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.