About the role
The FP&A Analyst will report into the FP&A Lead. This is a newly created position which will be responsible for owning the monthly investor reporting suite, understanding trends in the business and facilitating the Leadership team’s business decision making.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven modelling experience, problem solving abilities, desire to make a difference whilst able to work in a fast-pace environment.
This role is an excellent opportunity to form a deep understanding of the money transfer business model and global trends underlying WR performance; work in a best-in-class transformation driven Finance organisation.
Responsibilities month end tools
- Ownership of the monthly investor reporting suite including Flash, Board Pack and Rolling Outlook
- Drive continuous improvement and optimisation to the Flash, Board Pack and Rolling Outlook modelling to improve accuracy level, content and commentary
- Support the Opex planning process and monthly actuals vs budget variance analysis.
- Evaluate new initiatives within the relevant functions, proactively identify opportunities for growth or improvement and make recommendations based on understanding of business’s strategic priorities
- Able to design best-in-class process companywide
- Build strong working with the Business Partnering and Controllership teams to establish a “One Finance” brand and achieve coordinated communication to the Business
- Prepare succinct insight and decision-focused presentations for senior management, Board, Investors and prospect investors, including presentations on business performance, KPIs, strategic investments, recommendations, etc.
- Support key business decision-making initiatives through ad-hoc analyses and building meaningful financial models.
- Team player attitude and enjoying working collaboratively is a must
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to identify improvement areas and formulate recommendations
- Advanced modelling skills (Excel), ability to analyse large volumes of data and provide concise insights and key messages
- Proven independent thought leader with a pro-active approach and ability to driving change
- Proven relationship builder and stakeholder management
- CIMA, ACA, ACCA, part qualified with at least 3+ years’ experience
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively – capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful conclusion
- Experience in working in a multinational organisation and/or high growth, dynamic, responsive environment is beneficial
- Excellent analytical skills applied to a broad range business and industry issues
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage expectations and appropriately prioritise
- Highest standards of accuracy, precision and attention to detail