Role and context
WorldRemit works with 200+ (and constantly increasing number of) partners globally in order to help us pay out customers’ transfers in local countries. This is a fundamental aspect of our business as over 50,000 to 70,000 transactions flow through our networks each day. A key aspect of what the Operations team focus on is helping to onboard and integrate new partners; and very importantly, identify and solve any customer issues/ friction points in as scalable way as possible.
The role will lead WorldRemit’s Partner Operations function, currently a team of 27 talented problem-solving colleagues spread across 3 locations (Cebu, Philippines; London, UK; and Denver, USA). We operate on a 24/7 basis in order to be able to better serve our customers’ needs, fulfilling our promise of getting their money to their loved ones as fast as possible.
In this role you will be in charge of, amongst other things:
- Overseeing the global Operations team, helping them build resilience and achieve scale. This could range from putting the appropriate management structure in place, to building processes to ensure that technical knowledge is embedded within the team
- Ensuring that all customer friction points (which could arise from the customer journey or partner issues) are dealt with by the team as efficiently and effectively as possible, whilst having an eye for the overall trends & root causes in order to formulate scalable solutions. On this, an ability to think critically and understanding data will go a long way
- Help develop the team’s core skillsets in order to better identify friction trends
- Work with both internal WorldRemit teams (especially Customer Services, and Product & Engineering) and/ or external partners in order to develop scalable processes and solutions
- Foster a fun, high performing & highly collaborative culture within the team
- Generally develop, coach and mentor the team
It is fast paced and messy, but for the right person, it will be a lot of fun.
How do you know if you fit the bill?
We’re on the hunt for someone who:
- has a passion for what we stand for, and a demonstrable interest in disrupting payments
- is results driven and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get things done no matter what the task is
- has a deeply strategic mindset, be a strong problem solver, and has the ability to synthesise and simplify large amounts of information to create business & operational value
- is highly structured & analytical, spot trends and come up with recommendations
- loves getting into the details but can distil & communicate pertinent information effectively
- is a people person and is awesome at building relationships be it with senior leaders or junior colleagues alike
- holds a black belt in juggling & prioritising multiple tasks, while maintaining a zen-like attitude in fast paced environments
- can inspire, coach and lead a team of people who may or may not report into you
- know how to set priorities for the team and yourself based on business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or related field
- Proven track record of creating and developing processes to improve efficiency
- Experience managing a team and working with senior management. Previous experience managing a global / remote team is a plus
- Understands data and is a guru in Excel and Power Point
- Strong experience in operational management, preferably in the payments industry
- Experience or background in strategy, management or operational consulting would be a significant asset
- Fluent written and spoken English with excellent communication skills