WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
The Role and Opportunity
WorldRemit is sending remittances from over 50 send countries to over 150 receive countries and the number is growing monthly. Each of these corridors have different commercial and competitive characteristics
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Insights Analyst that will support our data driven culture, leveraging the ever-expanding range of data sources we have available to improve our pricing decisions, from exploring our competitive landscape to understanding the way customers use our service.
As the Senior Commercial Insights Analyst, you will use your ability in SQL and Excel to create analytically driven recommendations that shape pricing strategy and maximise ROI. Your solutions will influence international pricing decisions and create new opportunities that enhance business-wide performance. On the technical side, you will be working with a wide variety of technologies (e.g. Tableau, Python or R…) to retrieve and analyse the transactional data, and more importantly, apply your data mining and/or statistical skills to obtain actionable pricing insights.
More specifically, to:
- Translate business questions from the other pricing team members into specific hypotheses that can be answered quantitatively with our data
- Automate reporting processes and dashboards, audit data from external sources and aggregate information from multiple data sources
- Share insights that will shape our understanding and help us to predict how customer will react (or not) to proposed pricing changes
- Contribute to the industrialization of analytics, creating reproducible analysis that can provide insight in a continuously moving environment. For example, evaluation of the impact of pricing changes on the different business KPIs
- Support the creation of models that will help us understand the pricing strategies of key competitors
- Engage with senior stakeholders to ensure pricing insights are at the heart of company decisions
- Strong analytical capability and evidence of being able to transform data into actionable insights
- An ability to see the bigger picture: a problem-solving approach that gets to the underlying business questions, using a variety of data sources and information
- Passion for learning, able to quickly adopt new business concepts and technologies.
Skill and Experience
- Extensive experience in data analysis ideally within a business to consumer industry. Experience in international markets and/or fast-growing companies particularly valued
- Prior commercial or pricing experience would be preferred but a keen interest in pricing analyses is essential
- Very strong SQL skills, able to handle complex data structures from multiple sources (Big Data, conventional DBs) and different areas (digital, transactional, marketing…)
- Experience building dashboard or self-serve tools, with preference for Tableau
- Experience using statistical methods to create models and analyse large dataset using a language of your choice (e.g. R, Python)
- Advanced Excel