About the role
The Finance Business Partnering team is responsible for reporting and analytics, business partnering, and driving value to the P&L. Our roles as business partners cover both decision support and financial planning and analytics that directly support and influence the business functions.
The role will report to the Head of Finance Business Partnering and will be responsible for providing financial support to our Commercial/Sales team, Tech team, and other functions across the business. This is a highly influential and commercial role which involves driving decisions and business performance through accurate, reliable and insightful financial analysis.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with proven commercial acumen, problem solving abilities and significant experience in influencing both peers and business teams. Transformation experience and ability to successfully drive change cross-functionally in a fast-paced organisation will be beneficial.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a highly analytical and ambitious finance professional to join a rapidly growing company constantly challenging the status quo. There is room to make this role your own and really drive the business partnering function to the next level.
Tasks will include
- Being the Finance key point of contact for your Business functions, building effective, productive working relationships and ensuring pro-active Finance involvement in all key initiatives
- Critically evaluate new initiatives within the relevant functions, proactively identify opportunities for growth or improvement and make recommendations based on understanding of business’s strategic priorities.
- Driving the Business organization to prioritise resources towards key initiatives, being able to push back or influence decisions to ensure outcomes support organization-wide goals
- Working across finance, technology and operational functions to provide end to end advisory support to the Business on key aspects of deals and initiatives
- Prepare succinct insight and decision-focused presentations for senior management, Board, Investors and prospect investors, including presentations on business performance, KPIs, strategic investments, recommendations, etc.
- Working with other members of the broader Finance team to assess, challenge, collate and verify information and clearly communicate back to the finance team leaders.
- Insightful profitability analysis by send and receive countries and by corridors.
- Working with the Central FP&A team on financial planning including owning the budgeting, forecasting and results analysis for your Business segment, and contributing to support of long term strategic initiatives.
- Interacting with the wider finance teams to ensure a seamless integration of new and existing partners.
- Developing and coaching a team
- Support key business decision-making initiatives through ad-hoc analyses and building meaningful financial models.
- Supporting the Finance change agenda, including launch of the Rolling Outlook process, implementation of new ERP tools, and training and working with Business Planners and Business Heads on proactively managing risks and opportunities to the Budget.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant with 4+ years post qualified experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary for daily interaction with senior management, both in the UK and globally.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively – capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful conclusion.
- Excellent analytical skills applied to a broad range business and industry issues.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organised.
- Experience of a high growth, dynamic, responsive environment
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and appropriately prioritise.
- Experience of business partnering or Financial Planning & Analysis an advantage
- Strong excel modelling skills, ability to analyse large volumes of data and provide concise insights of key messages
- Finance systems literate an advantage
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Providing impartial financial expertise and information to senior management to promote the ongoing growth and development of the business.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings
- Proven record of managing a team