Who are we?
We’re changing the way people send money abroad: we’re taking something complicated and making it simple. At WorldRemit, our people and our technology work together to create faster, easier and lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world and have over 3 million happy customers – a number that’s growing every day!
The mission of the Compliance Department is to assist in the implementation and oversight of the compliance functions embedded throughout WorldRemit and to carry out its mission with integrity and in accordance with WorldRemit’s legal, regulatory and ethical responsibilities. With 50 + regulatory jurisdictions and a truly global span, compliance at WorldRemit provides many exciting challenges and opportunities for those in the compliance area.
The role, reporting to the Deputy Regional Head of Compliance APAC, will work in a small team to assist with ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory obligations and company policies and procedures through the performance of a wide variety of compliance tasks.
Due to the rapid expansion of the Company, WorldRemit is looking for a Compliance Analyst to help with the increasing workload. This is an ideal role for an individual with an interest in Compliance and Anti-money Laundering.
As Compliance Analyst your duties will include but not limited to:
- Monitor compliance with current compliance policies and procedures.
- Escalate issues to the Country Compliance Officer with results of research.
- Monitor public presence of WorldRemit for compliance.
- Assist in the coordination and support of compliance audits and examinations.
- Manage the resolution of compliance issues.
- Providing assistance in training associates on the Company’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Performing routine daily tasks—reviewing reports, preparing necessary correspondence, and participating in department projects.
- Carrying out any other tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Assist and support the Regulatory Compliance Team with Internal projects, audits, documentations review and collation
- Assist with any other Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the Compliance Officer.
- Scope for providing assistance and support to the APAC WorldRemit branches.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous experience in AML/Compliance is required and the candidate should have a good understanding of the financial services environment (including remittance business) and the associated regulations.
- Have a professional manner and excellent communication skills.
- Have a logical working style and a high attention to detail.
- Have an ambitious nature with a drive to progress in their career.
- Have the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a trustworthy and professional manner.
- Be able to work under pressure, handle conflicting demands, and identify priorities.
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.