WorldRemit - if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech startup taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards and more than $140m in funding. OK... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family and friends. We're leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfer agents.
At WorldRemit, our customer service team is responsible for a range of crucial functions that make our business tick and keep our customers happy. That includes transaction monitoring - reviewing, approving and sometimes rejecting the more than 300,000 monthly transfers that pass through our service every month. You'll be learning a whole lot about payments, compliance, anti-money laundering and other fascinating aspects of international finance.
So, what’s the role?
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Executive fluent in German to join the Customer Service team in Denver.
- Managing queries on transactions via phone, email and instant chat. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers so an attentive manner is a must. A smile on your face will go a long way, too :-)
- Screening and verifying customer’s identification.
- Reviewing transactions and identifying suspicious activities. Reporting and escalating said suspicious activities to the relevant department.
- Research unusual or questionable transactions with the relevant department.
- Monitor and release transactions.
- Advising customers on the products WorldRemit offer.
What do we want from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree is essential.
- Customer service experience previously would be great. But if you genuinely care and want to help and love talking to people, that’s a great start!
- Fluent in both written and spoken German and English.
- Tech savvy – proficient in Microsoft Office, general IT skills, data capture experience to name a few areas.
- Be a team player that can adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and service delivery focused. Always willing to go that extra mile.
- The ability to communicate with people from across the globe is key as our customer base is exactly that. Worldwide.
- The patience of a saint :-) There are times when customers will be unhappy unfortunately. You will be relied on to resolve their issues and keeping calm throughout and giving a fantastic customer experience.
- A fondness of pizza will also help!
What can WorldRemit offer you?
- A starting salary of $18 per hour (with potential promotional opportunities after 3 months)
- A generous 401(k) employer match
- Benefits for medical, dental, vision, disability, and FSA
- Free Eco Pass for all transit zones
- Free gym access on premises
- Company discounts at some of your favorite retailers... and more!
Please note that this is a full-time, shift based role. All regular shifts will be 8 hours (not including lunch) and are scheduled between 6:00 am - 11:00 pm. You will need to be flexible to work as part of a shift rotation basis, which can include holidays/weekends and may be subject to change.
Employment with WorldRemit is contingent upon a successful financial and criminal history background check for all new employee hires. Most positions require that the selected candidate pass tests or checks prior to beginning to work, including credit and reference checks