WorldRemit - if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards and more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family and friends. We're leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfer agents.
To many companies, Customer Service means ‘phone agents’. At WorldRemit, you are so much more. Our CS team is responsible for a range of crucial functions that make our business tick and keep our customers happy. That includes transaction monitoring - reviewing, approving and sometimes rejecting the more than 300,000 monthly transfers that pass through our service every month. You'll be learning a whole lot about payments, compliance, anti-money laundering and other fascinating aspects of international finance. Because our people build up such a broad range of skills, many of our CS Execs have moved on to other parts of the business, including Compliance, Risk, Fraud Analysis, and Tech. Of course, if you can’t get enough of speaking to and helping people - you can move up within the Customer Service team, as a CS Team Leader or Manager.
If this has stoked your interest then read on a little more to find out just what you will be doing in this role.
- Managing queries on transactions via phone, email and instant chat. You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers so an attentive manner is a must. A smile on your face will go a long way too :-)
- Screening and verifying customer’s identification
- Reviewing transactions and identifying suspicious activities. Reporting and escalating suspicious activities to the relevant department
- Research unusual or questionable transactions with the relevant department
- Monitor and release transactions
- Advising customers on the products WorldRemit offers
So, what do we want from you?
- Fluent written and spoken English and German
- Bachelor’s Degree is essential
- Customer service experience previously would be great. But if you genuinely care and want to help and love talking to people, that’s a great start!
- Tech savvy – proficient in Microsoft Office, general IT skills, data capture experience to name a few areas.
- Be a team player that can adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and service delivery focused. Always willing to go that extra mile.
- The ability to communicate with people from across the globe is key as our customer base is exactly that. Worldwide.
- The patience of a saint :-) there are times when customers will be unhappy unfortunately. You will be relied on to resolve their issues and keeping calm throughout, giving a fantastic customer experience.
- A fondness of cake will also help!
You will need to be flexible and able to work as part of a shift rotation basis (24/7 – 365 days). There are several shift options with staggered start times available. Both Full time (40 hours a week) and Part time (24 hours a week) options are available.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Free breakfast every day because a good start to the day is essential!
- A great pension scheme for when we grow old eventually ;-)
- A fun & friendly work environment with lots games including; ping pong, pool table, video games and much more!
- Opportunity to leave your mark on something special
- An amazing group of people to work with, grow with and socialise with as we continue to do something amazing for our customer’s! #becauseofthem