Based in London and working in a feature team, you’ll be helping us test our mobile and web applications. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries – and we’re expanding. The work is varied, from creating new products and features to improving existing functionality, we strive to build a better customer experience and a better codebase. This is real growth at pace.
We use modern application stacks and modern tools – CI, TDD, BDD, Agile – to get the job done.
- Writing great automation code. We understand code is read more than it’s written, and maintainability of the test automation code is a must.
- Raising the quality bar. You’ll use test theory and your knowledge of test frameworks and approaches to keep driving the quality bar upwards.
- Helping shape what we build. You’ll be working closely with product owners, designers and other engineers to define test plans and acceptance criteria and refine our work. We work as a team and your input is key.
- Owning delivery. You’ll work with other automation engineers to build the testing capability that will enable us to continually ship with confidence. You’ll also care about non-functional requirements and have a plan for how to test for load and performance.
- Growing together. You’ll review others' work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
What we are looking for:
- A skilled Automation Engineer. 5+ years' experience of writing automated tests for mobile and web applications, using popular test frameworks such and as Calabash, Appium and Capybara.
- Keen on Quality. You care about maintaining the highest quality for our applications at every stage of the development and release cycles.
- Works across multiple applications and technologies. From mobile and web applications to API testing, you’ll show great flexibility and passion about making sure the entire software stack is working and performing at the required standard.
- Happy in the Clouds. Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS and Azure. You’ll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Well-principled. You’ll be contributing to the architecture of the tests and maintaining a growing test suite, considering scalability and modularity.
- Bias for action. You see a problem, you raise it and help to fix it. You get buy in for your solutions and keep tickets moving. We’re always looking for ways to ship at pace.
- Growth mindset. A willingness to use your skills and experience to mentor less-experienced automation engineers. A desire to learn from others and make yourself better every day.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
Who we are:
We’re changing the way people send money abroad. We’re taking something complicated and making it simple. Our people and our technology work together to create faster, easier and lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 150 countries around the world and have over 3 million happy customers – a number that’s growing every day. After all, 120,000 5★ reviews can’t be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers’ hard work go further. We’ve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination and colourful spirit of our customers.
The work we’re doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us – and as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify and Netflix, we know we’re in good company! Not only that, but we’re also a member of TechCity UK’s prestigious FutureFifty.
Changing the world isn’t easy, but we’re hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems and have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what we’re looking for.