We are looking for an AML Analyst to join the Compliance Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the analytical functions involved with the daily monitoring of the activities related to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) compliance programs. Assist management with ensuring compliance with regulations, company policies and procedures through review of high risk reports; monitoring and reviewing data produced by the system to determine if transactions warrant further review; identifying potential higher risk relationships; and remaining current on compliance matters as they relate to AML, Sanctions, CIP, and Due Diligence.
The main duties include:
- Monitoring of initial and on-going Know Your Customers (KYC) requirements.
- Auditing/Analysis of customer activities.
- Escalating any suspicious activity/concerns to compliance management. .
- Assist with any other Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by compliance management.
- Conducting suspicious activity and reputational risk investigations as warranted.
- Carrying out any other tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting or equivalent course
- 1-2 years relevant work experience in a financial institution handling financial fraud, financial accounting, compliance, card verification.
- Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to manage tight processes, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly disciplined person, self-motivated, and delivery focused.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio).