WorldRemit - if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards and more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family and friends. We're leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
What you’ll be working on:
Based in Poland (Krakow), reporting to our CIO based in the UK, you will be the Engineering Leader for our newly-formed Corporate IT team in Poland, supporting an end user base of 25 which is estimated to grow to ~200 by the end of 2020.
You will be leading Infrastructure and Service Desk teams. Services include internal global network and security systems, telephony, end user compute, local file and print – as well as the people, process and systems to support these services – managing all aspects of the internal IT infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Leader to play a pivotal role in scaling a global FinTech organization in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
- Providing technical leadership of Infrastructure and Service Desk team members.
- Mentoring and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation and team building, ensure they are coached and motivated to their full potential, provide career growth/professional development counsel and opportunities.
- Working closely with Sr. Management in strategic planning and tactical execution regarding IT roadmap initiatives, financial planning, and compliance mandates.
- Cooperating closely with key stakeholders, especially the leaders of the Cloud Service Reliability Engineering (CSRE), Security and Strategic Projects teams.
- Working closely with R&D to make sure new features are reliable, easily deployable, and support the requirements of the service in terms of scale and security.
- Ensuring Cloud Platform & Services are designed and implemented to support Private and Public infrastructure initiatives and are aligned with the overall business strategies and priorities.
- Simplifying in-office infrastructure, internal company system/applications and production services, through effective use of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS tools wherever possible.
- Managing good relationship with suppliers and service providers for Corporate IT. Developing and maturing strategic partner relationships and seeking efficiency and value.
- Managing risk and compliance requirements associated with all Corporate IT provided systems and services.
- Hiring and retaining top engineering talent, fostering a high-performance culture in teams and individuals.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability and skills to work in a dynamically growing environment and willing to implement change and scalable innovative IT solutions.
- Having advanced IT Knowledge by providing subject matter expertise across critical components of IT (e.g. infrastructure, internal applications, IT operations, IT finances and expenses, end user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, testing).
- Significant experience in operating sophisticated technical solutions with a focus on Windows Servers, Windows and Apple Desktops, Linux, Mobile, Microsoft Office365 and Google G Suite collaboration systems.
- Strong understanding of Cloud-Based infrastructures (Azure or AWS cloud services), in particular Azure ARM running on IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods like DevOps that are optimized for agility.
- Deep technical knowledge including modern engineering technologies and practices. Significant experience in high scale Corporate IT environments.
- Effective people leader with track record of building capability through developing people; deep understanding of how to optimize team performance for growth.
- A strong, collaborative communicator who can have a positive impact across engineering and the broader business. Balances the needs of the businesses, the team and our customers.
- Innovative mindset – will have informed views on the latest technologies and the most effective ways of trialling and deploying them.
- Cultural fit – We are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical and collaborative culture.