WorldRemit - if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards and more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family and friends. We're leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
What you’ll be working on:
The Service Desk Engineer role is based in Poland, Krakow and is important part of an expanding Global Corporate IT Team. The Global Corporate IT Team currently consist of two teams; Service Desk Engineers based in London, Denver and Cebu which skillsets and experience vary from 1st-2nd line support and AV support. Infrastructure Engineers who are responsible for all Infrastructure across all WorldRemit locations. This position will be working as part of a newly formed Corporate IT Team supporting WorldRemit’s Poland office.
The Service Desk Engineer role is to help support the continued growth of the business aligned with our business goals and objectives. The core focus of the role will be around the cloud-based enterprise technologies, virtualized server, networking and security components.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering expert to play a pivotal role in scaling a global "cloud first" FinTech organization in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
- Provide critical desktop support (first level support) to ensure all technology (Windows, Mac and Linux) is being supported and kept available across Desktop, Printing, Email, Server, Wi-Fi, office networks and desktops services.
- Manage and monitor Office365 services and hybrid infrastructure
- Deploy, install, and maintain PCs and software, tending to all adds, moves, and changes.
- Maintain all corporate Active Directory accounts including exposure to Azure back-office technologies.
- Co-operate with other members of the Global IT Corporate Team (Infrastructure, Cloud Service Reliability Engineering (CSRE) and Security teams).
- Be involved with new projects within the Corporate IT infrastructure and security team.
- Maintain IT (HW/SW) inventory, asset management control.
- Work as a team to achieve Service Desk performance goals and increase individual productivity.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with Windows, Mac and Linux client’s technologies.
- Experienced and well versed in Microsoft Office 365 apps and services (SharePoint, Exchange, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business, Azure AD and Azure AD Connect)
- Experienced and well versed in Google G Suite,
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Intune, Mobility and related tools.
- Solid Windows based systems environment experience (Active Directory Administration/Users and Computers, GPO configurations, Windows Server).
- Experience of OS (Windows7/10, macOS, Linux) image deployment.
- Strong networking skills (TCP/IP / DNS).
- Experience with Atlassian suite (JIRA Service Desk, Confluence) or any service desk software such as Zendesk, Remedy, Service Now, etc.
- Strong eye for security technologies and its importance within a global corporate IT setting.
- Excellent organizational, writing and client facing communication skills.
- Good team player, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with ITIL framework best practices will be a plus.
- Cultural fit – We are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical and collaborative culture.