Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money internationally. We’ve taken something complicated and made it as simple as sending a text. And we’re growing. Fast.
To do this, we need to hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions.
The WorldRemit Office in Kraków is currently growing and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineers to join our Engineering Team and work on interesting projects like our payments, fraud and compliance assistance and third-party API integrations.
What we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm and different ideas to the table.
You will be someone who likes to:
- constantly evolve techniques through learning,
- take initiative when you see an opportunity for improvement,
- ask questions and use experience of those around you,
- share your knowledge with the rest of the team,
- write code so clean, fast and elegant, you fight the urge to hang it on your mantle,
- advocate and practice TDD /BDD.
You will have high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security and all the other things that make great software great.
You’ll help the team to:
- Evolve, improve and replace our existing systems.
- Improve our API platform.
- Continuously improve the code using TDD.
- Continuously measure performance and improve the API.
- Continuously improve our delivery pipeline.
Some things about you:
- Significant experience in Java or C# and .Net.
- Experience in, or happy to learn, other stacks.
- Proficient with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum working product quickly.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- HTTP APIs, Knowledge of REST and the Richardson Maturity Model.
- Good understanding of microservices architecture.
- Hands-on experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Hands-on Experience in Git, TeamCity/Jenkins.
- Believer in TDD, XP and Agile practices, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
You will be someone who:
- is passionate about technology and keen to learn new techniques and methodologies
- is passionate about quality and customer experience
- asks questions and uses experience of those around you
- shares knowledge with the rest of the team
- is keen to take initiatives to improve and collaborate
Nice to haves:
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)