Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. We send to more than 145 countries and the number is growing all the time.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, lower-cost money transfers. That means building beautiful products and better services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen.
WorldRemit has grown at an average 50% year on year and is now processing over £1.5bn of remittances on an annualised basis. Recently the company went through its Series C financing and raised $40m. The company currently employees over 600 employees and has offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
Reporting to the VP Customer Insights and Operations, we are looking for an Operations Insights Manager who can use their analytical skills to:
- Develop a solid understanding of the business KPIs across multiple business functions, with a focus on our operational activity.
- Identify the drivers behind the trends in a complex multi-regional context.
- Extract insights that will help understand the behaviour of markets and customers and recommend actions that will deliver the maximum business value, such as identifying the root cause of market-specific issues where we should focus our attention.
- Define data-driven methodologies that will help us reliably detect deviations from the normal business behaviour and alert the relevant teams of these anomalies.
- Create data visualizations that will support understanding our operational KPIs, from the macro trend context to the specifics of intra-day workloads.
- Responsible for oversight of the outsourced operations process provided by a critical partner and ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Develop a thorough and robust understanding of the end to end payments process
- Build a strong working relationship with the company’s UK-based Operations outsourcing provider
- Generate end-to-end analytical solutions:
- Understanding the different data sources
- Using SQL to retrieve and merge the relevant information for analysis
- Analyse the data using tools such as Tableau
- Use statistical techniques to create business models
- Deliver clear and actionable insights at all levels of the organization
- Industrialize the workflow to enable the reproducibility of analysis}
- BS/MS degree in a numerical discipline (Statistics, Maths, Engineering, CS, Economics)
- Experience using analysis to answer business questions
- Experience of managing relations with key third party suppliers / outsourcing providers
- Confident writing of SQL codes to retrieve and merge multiple data sources
- Experience building data visualisations that make complex data easily accessible to business stakeholders
- Passion for learning new technologies as well as business concepts
Besides the core requirements, the following skills would be greatly valued:
- Data science skills: experience using statistical software (R, Python, SAS…) to create models of customer behaviour (e.g. churn, propensity to buy), time series analysis (e.g. market mix, econometrics) or other forecasting models.
- Exposure to digital analytics (e.g. Google Analytics)
Note: As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a 'fit and proper' assessment with the appropriate regulator