Who are we?
WorldRemit is disrupting the +$600 billion international remittance industry to help people around the world to embrace new opportunities to build a better future. Both the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the World Bank estimate that the change the company is driving could put billions into the developing world.
WorldRemit is one of the world’s leading money transfer services, helping customers send funds instantly to friends and families in more than 145 countries - and we’re expanding pretty quickly – that’s why we’re reaching out for talent like you to help us reach more people all over the world.
You will be tasked with developing, managing and maintaining WorldRemit’s core production platform. The role is the foundation of the Cloud Infrastructure team and responsible for ensuring that our systems are stable, performant but adapts with changes.
We are looking for a strong Site Reliability Engineer with a background in building and supporting medium large scale environments, working with developers, configuration management, scaling environments and able to get hands on with the deployment of a leading platform. We’re looking for someone with 1-2years experience in Cloud Systems, and ideally should come from a very strong traditional on-Prem/Managed hosted environments with first rate sys-admin skills plus a real strength in automation being central to this role. A Dev-Ops approach to work is crucial.
You will be a member of a one of the small teams of CSRE engineers reporting into the mini-team manager. You will work along side other team members and CSRE chapter teams, to help build, support, deploy and manage our Cloud Infrastructure.
- Work on key initiatives to help the operational scaling and growth of the production platform.
- Building and developing new solutions for the production and non-production environments.
- Help work on developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain engineering and system standards.
- Help manage and maintain cloud service monitoring tools, verifying the integrity and availability of all resources and key processes.
- Provide expert diagnosis and review of the live service and application performance.
- Provide deep support to the live service with emphasis on service reliability and mitigation over break and fix.
- Develop and own service platform with an “Infrastructure as Code” approach.
- Ensure ongoing security and compliance of Production systems
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resources.
- Manage and own the implementation of continuous Integration environments in the cloud through automated tools and processes.
Main skills required
- Good understanding of Azure or AWS cloud services, in particular Azure ARM running on IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Windows PowerShell
- IIS server
- Deployment tools and CI tools (Octopus, TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Monitoring and logging tools (e.g. Splunk, Site 24/7)
- Application performance monitoring (e.g. Dynatrace)
- Knowledge of automation Techniques (Puppet / Chef )
- Knowledge of networking technologies to include: Firewall/networking configuration and security, Port-based ACLs, VPN’s, routing.
- Aptitude to learn new skills quickly (sometimes self-learning) with the ability to help others grow under your knowledge
- Able to take initiative and confident to carry out work based upon their skills
- Willing to work in a team or on their own depending on the project or task.
- Reliable - will work hard when left to carry out tasks on their own
- Good documentation skills - able to plan, track and implement projects
- Willing to work on-call when required – we operate in a DevOps culture with teams on-call for their services.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills