WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. We send to more than 120 countries and the number is growing all the time.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
The mission of the Compliance Department is to assist in the implementation and oversight of the compliance functions embedded throughout WorldRemit and to carry out its mission with integrity and in accordance with WorldRemit’s legal, regulatory and ethical responsibilities. With 50 + regulatory jurisdictions and a truly global span, compliance at WorldRemit provides many exciting challenges and opportunities for those in the compliance area.
The Senior AML Analyst is responsible for the analytical functions involved with the daily monitoring of the activities related to Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) compliance programs. Assist management with ensuring compliance with regulations, company policies and procedures through review of high risk reports; monitoring and reviewing data produced by the system to determine if transactions are suspicious in nature; identifying potential higher risk relationships; completing investigative work leading to Suspicious Activity Reports; partnering with personnel as it pertains to AML/CTF/sanctions issues; and remaining current on compliance matters as they relate to AML, Sanctions, CIP, and Due Diligence.
The main duties include:
- Conduct, perform and complete applicable Transaction Monitoring of alerts, through investigations and analysis, and identify any potential violation of AML/CTF sanction regulations.
- Prepare, review and lodge suspicious matters accordingly
- Attend and address all escalations from the business in a timely manner and escalate urgent matters to the Compliance Officer.
- Assist and attend to respective and applicable Regulatory Reporting Obligations including, but not limited to, lodgment of AML Reporting obligations and licensing obligations.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the applicable business compliance policies and procedures
- Provide Compliance advice, support and clarifications to the business as required.
- Collate and submit applicable productivity, quality metrics management report for the applicable Compliance Board reports.
- Assist with any other Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the Compliance Officer.
- Provide assistance and support to the other APAC Compliance offices where deemed applicable
- Research and interpret new regulatory guidelines or changes in those guidelines.
- Monitor compliance with current compliance policies and procedures.
- Assist in the coordination and support of compliance audits and examinations.
- Providing assistance in training associates on the company’s compliance policies and procedures.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a compliance role in the banking or remittance sector.
- Strong AML/C TF & Compliance Financial Services knowledge as part of a varied compliance skill set
- A strong appreciation of the regulatory landscape as it applies to the remittance/money transfer sector.
- Holding a recognized compliance qualification a strong plus (CAMS or CRCM)
- Have the desire to work for a small but rapidly growing firm and have the ambition to progress within the organization
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- A team player and sociable in nature
- Very high attention to detail
- The ability to work in a regional and global environment through a variety of communication mediums
- Driven to succeed and proactive in seeking out information and building relationships