Who are we?
WorldRemit is disrupting the +$600 billion international remittance industry to help people around the world to embrace new opportunities to build a better future. Both the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the World Bank estimate that the change the company is driving could put billions into the developing world.
WorldRemit is one of the world’s leading money transfer services, helping customers send funds instantly to friends and families in more than 145 countries - and we’re expanding pretty quickly – that’s why we’re reaching out for talent like you to help us reach more people all over the world.
Supporting local client groups with input on global projects, you will help to translate WorldRemit’s vision and business strategy to support the People plans. This will promote WorldRemit as an employer of choice.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will build strong relationships and a network across the People team, centralised functions and business leaders. You will confidently flex your style to be involved and supportive yet challenge where appropriate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on day-to-day HR partnership with client groups, becoming a trusted advisor to the business with strong relationships at all levels.
- Pro-actively identifying people issues and trends within the business, coaching managers through the employee journey including: performance management, disciplinary, feedback and employee development.
- Increasing manager effectiveness in coaching and developing their people to create high performing teams, building strong morale and increased productivity and retention.
- Contributing to the development of our People operations making them smoother, automated and more responsive, ensuring adherence to best practice and relevant legislation.
- Assisting with the development of policies and procedures, appropriate documentation and recommendations, including reviewing and updating company policies and handbook.
- Analysing and interpreting workforce metrics with a natural focus on continuous process improvement.
What we’re looking for:
A well-rounded HR generalist with a strong business partner focus, you will have broad experience across all the relevant disciplines, gained in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to demonstrate a track-record of both scaling an organisation and executing on high impact plans which flow through to strong retention, improved morale and underpin WorldRemit’s ability to grow. You will be familiar with the challenges of growing technology and companies, and you'll understand how to translate strategy into reality with a commercial focus.
With naturally strong EQ and tenacity, you will instill confidence in stakeholders at all levels. A low-ego and consultative personality, your influencing skills will gain their confidence.
- Human Resources foundations – 5+ years work experience with a broad knowledge of full cycle HR disciplines and a sound knowledge of UK employment legislation. CIPD qualification and experience outside the UK would be a plus.
- Business Partnering – proven track record of strong partnering and collaboration with employees and leaders, onsite and remote.
- Experience of Scaling: you will have experienced high growth, evolving to meet the increasing needs of the business. Happy to roll up your sleeves and get into the detail.
- Strong Communication skills: well developed advisory skills and the ability to gain credibility and exercise influence. Able to deliver clear, direct, messages and build strong relationships.
- Self-starter: high level of energy and drive, able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Team player: visible contributor, collaborating and sharing knowledge.
- Solution-focused thinker: empathy, can-do attitude and mature decision-making skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a newly strengthened People team at HQ and contribute to shaping this fast growing, dynamic organisation in the next stage of our journey.