About the role
The Banking Operations team at WorldRemit is responsible for managing the operational relationships with international banks and financial institutions.
This requires a good understanding of banking/financial institutions and a proven ability to plan and manage workload to tight deadlines.
We are seeking a Banking Operations Coordinator to join the Banking Operations team. Reporting to the Banking Operations Manager, the successful candidate will support the Manager in ensuring efficient operational management of WorldRemit’s banking relationships.
This will involve supporting the Banking Operations Manager in:
- Keeping all banking mandates up-to-date
- Maintaining good operational relationships with correspondent banks in the WorldRemit Network
- Maintaining Bank Account Data Management
- Assist in the implementation of the new BAM tool
- Prepare, complete and manage all documents for new accounts openings
- Maintain up-to-date contact data for all network banks
- Be hands on in gathering the required information for new ‘Send’ markets
- Understand banking requirements in countries and help the Banking Operations Manager coordinate accordingly between the bank and WorldRemit.
- Gather financial information to send and receive market banks as they request information for company reviews.
- Work closely with both the Operations and Compliance teams, as well as Country Managers.
- Work with and advise the Finance Team on the commercial optimisation of all banking relationships (on an on-going basis).
- Prepare initial analysis
- Present recommendations to the Head of Banking Operations
- Good academics (min 2:1) with strong A levels
- Confident, outgoing individual able to quickly build relationships internally and externally
- Project Management experience
- Experience in the banking industry
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good relationship management skills
- Strong appreciation of the financial system
- Communication and collaboration
- Great organisational skills
- Professional and capable of communicating with high levels of management