WorldRemit - if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards and more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family and friends. We're leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
The WorldRemit Office in Kraków is currently growing and we are looking for a DBA to join our Engineering Team.
You will be part of a team responsible for managing the critical 24/7 Production databases hosted on the Azure IaaS and PaaS service offerings. We operate SQL Server 2016, leveraging the latest features to improve our capability within an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster environment.
The role will require you to interpret business questions into data answers through understanding of the non-traditional schema. You must be able to work independently, as well as within the team, to deliver key projects in automation, T-SQL performance tuning, and engineering initiatives.
- Strong T-SQL development skills to performance tune existing code, and write new functionality to best practice.
- Understanding of Azure IaaS environments with SQL Server and Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server 2014/2016 experience
- Be familiar with SSRS / Power BI / Tableau report development and administration
- Can automate administrative tasks with PowerShell, as well as create custom solutions to data problems.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) SentryOne monitoring and alerting suite
- Experience with high availability solutions such as AlwaysOn, logshipping etc.
- Previous experience developing ETL for large implementations (SQL, SSIS, OWB, etc)
- Understanding of architectural and modelling concepts for Data Warehouses, should be able to guide a team on modelling; Data modelling experience (Normalization, Star Schema, Data Vault, etc.)
- Understanding of full project life cycle for implementing Operational Data Stores and Data Warehouses.
- Able to work in a critical environment where rapid response to outages is required
- Happy to participate in an out of hours on-call support rotation
- Aptitude to learn new skills quickly (sometimes self-learning) with the ability to help others grow under your knowledge
- Able to take initiative and confident to carry out work based upon their skills
- Willing to work in a team or on their own depending on the project or task.
- Reliable - will work hard when left to carry out tasks on their own
- Good documentation skills - able to plan, track and implement projects
- Willing to work on-call when required – we operate in a DevOps culture with teams on-call for their services.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills